I stepped out of the car and looked over at the building, taking a deep breath. Before I knew it, Ty was by my side, sliding his hand into mine. 

"Are you alright?" He asked. I could feel him observing me as I stared out at the building. 

"Yeah, I am," I said with a smile. "I'm just taking the moment in."

He leaned over, pressing his lips to the side of my forehead. "You should, you look absolutely breath-taking," he said.

I felt warmth rush to my cheeks and I knew I was blushing. He always knew what to say. 

We walked hand-in-hand through the parking lot and up the steps to the main entrance. Ty opened the door for me and followed my lead as we entered the building, heading down the hall to the gym. Outside of the gym doors, there was a station with a photographer and a backdrop for pictures to be taken. We walked over and had our picture taken before opening the gym doors.

The theme was 'A Starry Night' so the gym was decorated with black and silver. There was a large open area in the middle of the room, where people were already beginning to dance. Around the open area, there were round tables for people to sit. The walls had stars hanging on them and on each table, there were silver or black table cloths with star-shaped centerpieces.  

"The student council did an amazing job," I said to Ty. 

He nodded and took my hand, leading the way towards the table where my brother, Noah, and my best friend, Elle, were sitting. As we walked up to the table, Noah stood up and walked over to Ty. He released my hand and extended his arm out to Noah, doing their bro handshake. I walked over to complement Elle, who was sitting down at one of the chairs. Neither of them could find a date so they went together, but that didn't stop Elle from looking amazing.

"Elle, you look gorgeous!" I exclaimed. "I can't believe I get to call you my best friend!"

She was wearing a beautiful strapless maroon gown that hugged her body. Her long, brown hair was styled in curls like my hair, but she had pieces pulled back to expose her face. 

"Lana stop! We both know you look gorgeous too!" She gushed. 

"No one complemented me on my amazing appearance," my brother said with a smirk. We may be twins but we certainly were not the same. 

"Very funny, Noah, but I think we both know that I inherited the good looks," I said, flashing him a cocky smile. Noah rolled his eyes and I laughed before grabbing Ty's hand. "Let's go dance."

The song had changed to "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran as we walked through the rows of tables to the center of the room, where the area was cleared for people to dance. Ty pulled me in and placed his hands on my waist while my arms wrapped around his neck. As we swayed back and forth, I stared up at him and took in his appearance. His dirty blonde hair was gelled into place and even though I could tell he had shaved that morning, his stubble was beginning to appear. He always complained about how fast it grew back, but deep down, I loved it because it made him look more normal.

After all, he was the star of the football team, the guy everyone wanted to be. He was the guy that every girl wanted to date, and it used to make me feel insecure because girls would constantly throw themselves at him. I remember when we first started dating, I wasn't used to all the stares and death glares from jealous girls. He was like a celebrity at our school, and everyone knew his name. 

The thing I admired most about him was how he didn't let the fame get to him. He was still my goofy Tyler, the guy I loved more than anything in the world. He was still the guy that would show up with flowers on our anniversaries and bring me ice cream when I was down. He always knew how to make me smile.