Chapter 29

"The ice cream shop... Shawn went down... these stairs..." Sav sprints up to Olivia, panting.

Oli chuckles. "Calm down, Sav, I have everything under control."

"You... you don't understand." Savanna says, out of breath.

"I'm guessing you went downstairs?" Olivia asks, smirking.

Sav's heart skips a beat. "You know about it?" She asks, eyes ablaze.

"Yeah. I didn't tell you because nobody is supposed to know about it unless they find it themselves. It's neutral territory down there, plus they sell firearms and... other things." Oli scratches the back of her neck, laughing awkwardly. "So if a lot of people knew about it, it would be packed. And that would only cause problems."

Savanna nods her head slowly, trying to wrap her head around her discovery.
"What does that mean? Neutral territory?"

"Oh... um." Olivia thinks for a moment. "Listen, I trust you. So if I give you too much information... you didn't hear it from me."

"Of course." Sav chuckles.

"Well, the ice cream shop- including downstairs- is a place where violence isn't allowed. So even if you see a rival gang member there, you can't even put a finger on them. Basically everyone is protected there."
Oli explains, twisting her fingers together.

"What about Bill?" Savanna asks, her mouth still dry from running.

"Well he's neutral too. He doesn't take sides, he's just there to help." Olivia explains, smiling. "Is that all you want to know?"

An image of red lights floating on Tony's chest appears in Sav's mind. Snipers? ...I'll ask Ian when he gets back. The thought of Ian being away makes Savanna's heart pound.

"Yeah, that's all." Savanna forces a smile.