Chapter 5: Knock Knock

y/n woke up once again, but this time at around 5:40. She swung her legs over the side of her bed and stood up. Her mom hasn't been home lately, and she seemed really tired, so y/n decided to take care of Misumi for a while so her mother could rest. (Her mom stays home on weekends) she quietly made her way down the stairs, and to her surprise Misumi was sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and watching Rugrats.

"Hey, Su. Why are you up so early?"  She asked. The younger child jumped, but shrugged.

"I just woke up early I guess.. Is mommy home yet? I drew her a picture!"

y/n smiled and ruffled her hair.

"Yeah kiddo, she's upstairs. But she's sleeping so you'll have to show it to her later, okay?"

The little girl nodded, and went back to watching her show, while the older female went into the kitchen and grabbed two bowls, and some cereal. She put the cereal into the bowls, and poured some milk in them. She pulled out 2 spoons from the drawer, and made her way back into the living room setting the bowls on the coffee table, and took a seat on the worn out couch next to Misumi. The little girl grabbed her bowl and muttered a 'thank you' before devouring the food.

-timeskip bc im a lazy bitch-

y/n's mother(lets call her Sadeko) woke up around 1 in the afternoon. She swung her legs over her bed, and made her way into the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and was horrified when she saw small, purple bruises littered all over her neck. She scowled, remembering the events from the night before.

Sadeko rummaged through a drawer, looking for some concealer to cover them. She found some, and she rubbed a small amount over her neck, before heading downstairs.

Sadeko noticed a neon blue sticky note on the counter, and picked it up, her tired eyes scanning the note.

Hi mommy! y/n and me are going to the park. y/n left som mony for you on the cofe tabel for food, sence we only have sereal and chips. Love you! - Misumi

Sadeko smiled at her youngest daughters note, and put it in her jean pocket. She wasn't going to go grocery shopping just yet. She wanted to relax a bit first.

~back to you~

y/n was sitting on one of the swings, scrolling through her Instagram, while her sister was playing in the dirt with a few other kids.

She continued to scroll until a message popped up on her phone.

MemeQueen: hEy SiStEr

You: hi kween

MemeQueen: wyd?

You: at the park with my little sister. Wbu?