Chapter 13.1: ihop

After the encounter with nugget, y/n couldn't really think straight. she was a curious cat, so not knowing what nugget saw last night bothered her to no end.

it was still the early hours of the morning, and she was stroking the canines long, golden fur. She wanted to ask so many questions, but she couldn't because the only witness was a 2 year old deaf dog. people would assume she was crazy!

Too busy giving the young retriever belly rubs, she didn't notice katsuki and shinsou were already awake and trying to decide on what they should do for breakfast. There was an ihop right across the street from where katsuki lived, but he doesn't have enough money to pay for everyone, so everyone would have to pull their own weight on this one.

y/n was too lost in her own head to notice the waitress had left to get their drinks.

Izuku bumped the girl out of her thoughts, snapping his fingers in front of her.

"earth to y/n? hello?"

the girl blinked and swatted his hand away.

"yeah what? what?" she asked, clearly still a bit in a daze.

"Katsuki asked what you were gonna order."

"Strawberry french toast and hot chocolate please." she said, sliding 10 dollars at Katsuki.

"I was actually going to pay but thank you for the pocket change." he snickered and shoved the 10 in his pocket, taking a sip of his water.

y/n kicked his ankle from under the table, causing him to hiss. he flipped her off and snatched her menu from her hands.

Meanwhile, midoriya and shinso were on their phones so that shinso could text y/n without it looking suspicious.

MEME QUEEN:
hi mi luv

you:
hihi
wyd?

MEME QUEEN:
i'm out w my friends rn
we're hanging out at the arcade like gangstas

you: icic.
i'm at ihop with
'the boys 😈🥶🤪😡'

MEME QUEEN:
whomst

you:
my main boys shinso, bakugo and midoriya 🤩😼

MEME QUEEN:
ah yes. i've seen them around the halls with you sometimes

you:
you should say hi sometime! i have to go tho, my food came 😩😩

MEME QUEEN: lol ok loser 🗿 text me later pls

y/n chuckled and stared at her phone for a minute

y/n chuckled and stared at her phone for a minute. Izuku poked her and looked at her with a knowing smirk.

"Wipe that off your face, you look constipated." she flicked his forehead and scooted over away from him.

"You always do that."

"do what?"

"that thing."

"what thing?"

"where you smile at your phone like some creep."

the girl scoffed and stabbed her fork into her french toast. The greenette chuckled and took a bite out of his bacon. The other two boys, Bakugo and Shinsou, didn't really care about what they were doing. They were too busy eating their own food.

While one person didn't notice the odd behavior the girl was exhibiting, two did. And they were worried. For the rest of breakfast, y/n didn't talk, she just ate in silence and stared off into space.

a/n sorry this chapter is short, i have an idea for this so i'm splitting it into two parts!