Chapter 24

Set one year later. Light is 23 years old and Yukana is 22 years old. Yukana became a famous romance author and Light became a detective. Rem had stolen back Misa's Death Note from the NPA and went back to the shinigami realm.

Yukana's POV

I was sitting in a bench under the cherry blossoms, writing a few pages of my newest book. Later, I went home to finish up; on my way, I left a sweet letter and a gift in Light's mailbox. If I was married to Light, my new name would be Yukana Yagami. I'd love that. To make it better, Misa is not in this world anymore, which means she can't get in the way. And if she did, Goddess Ai would get her out of the way for us.

Light's POV

I found a letter in my mailbox with the other mail. It was from Yukana. I opened it:

Dear Light,

Thank you for always standing by my side. You are a really good boyfriend and lover. I'm so glad that I didn't lose you to who knows where. If you truly were dead, my life would be dark. Because you've unlocked my heart and found my supreme love inside. I'm glad I met you, Light Yagami. I gave you a gift, I don't know if you'll like it. But I hope you keep it. I'm at my house if you need me.

Love,

Yukana Akiyami

I open the gift and it was a new watch. Wow it's really nice. Well, I decided that I would propose to her in return, but I'll do that tomorrow night.