Chapter 23

Yukana's POV

"Will you be the goddess of the new world Yukana?" he asks. I said nothing and shrunk away from him. Those red eyes, they scare me. Suddenly the door opened, revealing Soichiro Yagami and the other detectives. "Miss are you alright?" one of them asks me. I nodded. We drove back to the station and everyone got out except me. I felt like I was made of ice cold stone.

Light's father opened the door and gently took my wrist and led me out of the car. The rest of the police group were waiting for me, while Light stood aside. They took me around the building and asked me about what Light said. I didn't know how to answer, so I gave no response. We went in the building and saw Light with red eyes. "Haha, I was Kira all along you jerks," he said laughing. WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I screamed silently.

He had that Kira laugh again. The officers were confused- what about Misa? Then Matsuda came up with a gun, pointing it at Light. He had mistrusted Light for a long time. I was about to come up to block him until Light's father held me back, preventing me from doing so. "NO! LET HIM LIVE!" I screamed. His father was also hesitating like I was."Kill him," he said. "It's too dangerous to let him live." Matsuda shot him multiple time in the chest. I screamed so loud my throat was hurting. They left him lying on the ground and walked away. I ran to Light and dragged him to the stairs. Why why why?! We finally reached the stairs and I sat him up. He looked up at me and smiled weakly. Tears were forming in our eyes.

3rd person POV

Ryuk sat cross-legged on the roof. He got out his Death Note and wrote Light's name. Light felt some pain in his heart and lost the will to live. He was very weak. He just wanted to die in peace.

"Thank you Yukana, for everything." he told her. He then closed his eyes. She broke down crying, hugging his lifeless body. Her tears soaked his shirt. She was so depressed and she wouldn't let go.  "I never got to tell you Light," she says to him. "I guess I have to tell the truth...even if you won't hear me." she continues. She took a breath as a tear fell from her cheek. " I LOVE YOU LIGHT YAGAMI!" she screamed so the whole world could hear. Yukana buried her face in his shirt, crying.

Ai was listening: I hear your love for Light Yagami, and I'm going to revive him just for you. She used her powers as an immortal to revive Light for Yukana.

"Y-Yukana?"he said. She looked at his face. "Light?" she said. "What?!" They both hugged each other. "I'm so sorry, I should've said it earlier." she said. "Its okay, Yukana, I heard you. And I love you, too." he said smiling. She smiles too. They both leaned in and kissed. They pulled away after a long time. "Let's date for real now." Light said. Yukana grins.