Episode 3

Episode 3: Aerith’s Church

When Dani made it to Aerith’s Church, she stops the engine. Then Dani saw another motorcycle there too. It was Cloud’s.

’That’s Cloud. Why is he here?’ Dani thought.

Then Dani suddenly have a flashback.

It was about 3 years ago in Aerith’s Church

Dani, in her SOLDIER 1st Class uniform, was lying on a church chair on the left with a wet cloth on her forehead and her head is lying on a makeshift pillow. Dani was unconscious at the time. There was also another girl there too. Her name was Aerith Gainsborough, who is recently taking care of Dani right now.

Aerith walked up to Dani and take the dry cloth and rinse it in the water bowl then she twists it to squeeze some of the water out. Then Aerith put the cloth back on top of Dani’s forehead. Aerith sigh and touch Dani’s cheek. Then Dani suddenly grunt in pain and start breathing raspy.

“Oh no, she’s getting worse,” Aerith said.

Aerith looked at the front door with a hurry-up expression.

"Where are you, Zack?" Aerith said.

Then the door was slam open and Zack (2nd Class SOLDIER) came inside in a hurry, holding a vital bottle. Elixir.

“I got it!" Zack said,

Zack run to where Aerith and Dani are, crouch down next to Aerith, and give the Elixir to Aerith. Aerith took the Elixir as Zack hold the back of Dani’s head. Aerith carefully put it on Dani’s mouth and let Dani swallow the Elixir. After a couple second of waiting for Dani’s reaction, Dani cough.

“Dani!” Aerith and Zack said in unison.

Dani only saw blurry so she tries to adjust her vision and saw Zack and Aerith.

"Zack? Aerith?" Dani said.

“You okay, kiddo?" Zack asked.

Dani sit up and remove the cloth on her forehead and looked at Zack and Aerith to see their worry face.

“I’m fine now. Thank you,” Dani said.

Zack and Aerith sigh of relief.

“What?"

“I thought you were a goner for a sec," Zack said.

“Same here," Aerith said.

“You guys worry too much," Dani said.

“Hey! We have the right to care about you, y’know,” Zack said.

“And besides, I feel responsible for your health and safety," Aerith said.

Dani smiled as her eyes softened and hug them. "My big brother and sister."

Back to reality…

Dani smiled at the flashback. "My big brother and sister."

Dani open her eyes, kick the stand on her motor, and get off of her motorcycle and walk into Aerith’s Church to see that Cloud is sitting where the flowers are with his cell on his ear. Cloud then close his cell and put it away.