Episode 10

Episode 10: Encounter of Gungnir, Dragon of the Arctic, and the truth

Finally, the time has come; the time has come to slay the dragon.

"That thing is one hell of a dragon," Dani commented.

Cloud taps Dani on the shoulder. "Come on, no time to gaze at the dragon."

"I'm not gazing!" Dani said like she was caught doing something she wasn't supposed to.

"Whatever," Cloud said with a shrug.

"Why you-mm!"

Cloud quickly cover Dani's mouth, and push her to the wall, their bodies collide, hiding as he saw the dragon looking their way.

Dani notice their bodies close, making contact that she can feel the heat. She became fluster. Cloud notice as well, but he didn't mind it as much as Dani is. Luckily, the dragon didn't see them.

Cloud gets off of Dani. "You shouldn't overreact."

Dani turn around to take a glance at the dragon. "W-Well...you started it first."

"Hmph..."

Dani look above the dragon and saw a cliff. "We can get the upper hand from up there. Or we can just rush in head on."

"The first one," Cloud replied.

So Dani and Cloud decided to make their way to the cliff above the dragon without alerting it. Once they made up on the cliff, they took out their weapon and jump down on the dragon, the end of their blade towards the dragon's head.

As they reach the dragon's head, Dani and Cloud's blade stab its head. The dragon roars in pain and tries to shake Dani and Cloud off. They keep their grip on their weapon, and then they pull out their weapon and jump down.

The dragon let out a loud roar in rage. The dragon slams its claw down on Dani and Cloud. They dodge the dragon's claw. Cloud then jump on the dragon's arm and run up towards its head. Once Cloud made it to the dragon's head, he did a jump strike. But the dragon quickly reacts and punches Cloud to the wall.

Cloud falls down on his front. "Ugh!"

Dani took out her phone and scan the dragon. "Gungnir, the Arctic Dragon... and he's strong... Should've figured that out already..." she put away her phone and enchanted her weapon with fire.

Gungnir slam its claw at Dani. Dani block the attack. Since the blade was enchanted with fire, it burns Gungnir's claw. Gungnir quickly back away with a roar in pain.

Cloud gets up from the ground and help Dani fought Gungnir. The two continues to fight against Gungnir and do their best to dodge the arctic dragon's claws and ice attacks.

Gungnir slam its claw down a Cloud. Cloud blocks it, but the claw was enchanted in ice shards that Gungnir punch his fusion broadsword out of his hand and his fusion broadsword was sent flying.

"Damn it!" Cloud said.

Gungnir grab Cloud with his claw and lift him up. Then Gungnir put force on his grip and crush Cloud.

"Agh!" Cloud screamed as he squirms in pain.

Dani let out a gasp of shock. "Cloud!" She moves her left hand in front of her and shoots fire out of her hand at Gungnir.

Gungnir was getting pissed. In one fast move, Gungnir use speed to slam his claw at Dani, and slam her to the ground.

Cloud gasp as his eyes widen in shock. "Dani!"

Dani's gunblade stabs through Gungnir's claw. Gungnir retract its claw from the ground as it roar in pain and let go of Cloud. Cloud landed on his feet.

It appear Dani is fine, no injury made by Gungnir. She gets up from the ground. "I'm fine!"

Cloud was speechless. Dani was squash by Gungnir's claw, but she seems fine.

'That was a close one,' Dani thought. Before Gungnir's claw makes contact with Dani, she quickly used a defensive magic Liquefy Shield.

Gungnir open its mouth and used dragon's ice breath, and blow at them.

Dani quickly Ice Barrier; Ice Barrier protects the user and the user's target from ice type attack.

Gungnir use its tail and slam its tail at them.

"Shit!" Cloud tackles Dani to the ground to dodge Gungnir's tail.

"Oh, that's it! You're gonna get it now!" Dani wasn't going to play around anymore.

Dani roll the barrel on her gunblade and her gunblade start glowing. The glow surrounded the blade, making it a long blue crystallize blade. Then, she strikes the dragon. She manage to cut off its arm, but then, the dragon's amputates arm grows back.

"It heals itself!" Dani said in shock.

"This is not good," Cloud commented.

"Chocobo-head, before we die, I have to tell you something."

A vein of irritation appears on Cloud's head. He does not like that nickname Dani gave him. "What?" he asked, trying to hold in his anger.

"I never like you."

"What?!" Cloud was shock to hear Dani say that.

Dain laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. The truth is...I like you, a lot."

"A lot...?" Could said in surprise.

"Yep..." Dani said with a smile.

They continue to fight the dragon. Soon, they finally eliminated the dragon. As the dragon got destroy, it joins the Lifestream.

Before they decide to head back, Dani notice a machine nearby, like a lab of some sort.

Dani walk up to it, and say, "There's a device here..."

Cloud walked up to Dani. "A device?"

Dani look around the device and notice a familiar logo. "It's Shinra..."

"Shinra? What are they doing here?"

"They were doing some kind of experiment here..." Dani crush the device with her hand. "They were endangering the town!"

"Dani..."

"I believe in that company... I fought to protect that company... I believe that they were doing everything for the greater good... But this is... Damn them!"

Cloud places a hand on Dani's shoulder. "We should get back to town."

"But-" Dani was cut off.

"The others are waiting for our return. And besides, the mission is complete." What Cloud say was true.

"What about Shinra?" Dani knew, but she still wants to deal with Shinra.

Cloud retracts his hand form Dani's shoulder, and say, "We'll talk about that later. I promise."

Dani grunt in defeat. "Alright."

After the mission was complete, they head back to the village, get the award, and head back to 7th Heaven.