Episode 7

Episode 7: Journey In The Snow

After Dani finally let Cloud accompany her to her mission, they drove to the mission’s location. A village up north of Edge. It was a bit far, but they made it there without hindrance.

Luckily, it wasn’t snowing, but it was still cold. They park their motor outside the Inn.

Dani rub upper arms, and shiver a bit in the cold. “Brrr…”

“Are you cold?” Cloud asked.

“Nope; not in the least,” Dani lied through her teeth, literally.

Cloud smirked.

An animevein appears on Dani’s head. “What’s so funny?!”

“Nothing. There’s a clothes shop near the Inn. Let’s find you something to keep you warm first. We don’t need you dying before we even start the mission.”

“Geez; thanks for your concern, Chocobo-head,” Dani said sarcastically.

An animevein appears on Cloud’s head. “Let’s just head to the clothes shop,” Cloud said while gritting his teeth to keep himself from letting out his anger.

Dani smile in triumph.

Once they enter the clothes shop, Dani was in awe. There were so many clothes to choose from. It’s almost like a mall, but at store/shop size.

“Okay, first we need-”

Before Cloud could even finish his sentence, Dani went into shopaholic mode.

Dani appears before the shop-owner with a lot of clothes. “I’ll buy all of them!” she exclaimed.

“Dani!” Cloud shouted in anger.

Dani tilted her head in confusion at Cloud, and cutely asked, “What?”

Cloud slightly blushed. “We’re here on a mission; remember?”

“…Oh, Sorry.” Dani starts to focus on the important objective.

After Dani bought a snow coat for herself, they head out.

“Okay, the sender should be…”

“Hey! Over here!”

They look straight to see a woman in her 30s waving her hand at them.

“Over there.”

Dani and Cloud walk up to the 30 year-old woman.

“You must be Dani Cross,” the 30 year-old woman said.

“Yes; you heard of me?”

“Of course; the whole village heard what did you in the Calm Land.”

Cloud look at Dani with a confusion, and asked, “Calm Land?”

Dani look at Cloud. “A previous mission I did there.” Then she looked at the 30 year-old woman, and asked, “From you what send, tell me, what is the present situation?”

“The dragon is asleep in the mountain. It will not be long before it awakens to prey the rest of us.”

“I see. Is it that bad?”