Episode 8

Episode 8: I’ll Protect You

Once Dani is ready to go into the cave as well, Cloud and Dani enter the cave. The inside of the cave has glacier, and icy appearance…not to mention cold. It was a bit dark, but able to see around. Once halfway through the area they’re in, ice type monsters appears.

The ice type monsters are fox covers in - and their skin are like dark blue and they have blue glowing eyes.

Dani took out her gunblade and smile at Cloud. “Can you keep up?”

Cloud smirk at Dani and took out his fusion broadsword. “Don’t underestimate me, Dan-Dan.”

Dani blushed. “Sh-Shut up!”

“Heh.” Cloud charge towards the arctic foxes. He dodges their attacks, and counter back.

Dani took a deep breath, then she dodge from a behind attack, and counter. “Playing dirty huh...”

They manage to defeat the arctic foxes without trouble. They sheathe their weapon.

“Let’s continue onward,” Dani said.

Cloud nods in agreement.

As they go further in, they fought more monsters – arctic golems, arctic foxes, and arctic phoenixes, but it was no trouble at all, it only hindered them from going forward to their destination. As they arrive at a wide area, they found crystals on the walls, crystals that you can trade to traders for gil.

Dani crouch down to one of the walls of crystals. “These could come in handy.”

“How so?” Cloud asked.

“We can trade these crystals for gil.” Dani mined the wall of crystals, and manage to obtain 6 crystals. She stands up, and said, “I know a good trader who would buy these off of me.”

“Really? Who?”

“A friend of mine back at Lerone,” Dani said as she mine for more crystals.

“Lerone?”

“Yep. It’s where I live with the rest of the crew.”

“Crew? What crew?”

Dani stop what she was doing, and turn around to face Cloud. “A guild that took care of me while I was recovering from my amnesia,” she said softly.

“Amnesia?!” Cloud was shock to hear that.

Dani lace her fingers together, and placed her hands behind her head. “Yeah. Damon, the leader of the guild, and a few of his crew sneak into SOLDIER to steal something. But as Damon tried to hide, he entered the room I was in. I was unconscious in a capsule at the time.”

Dani crossed her arms. “Damon explained to me that according to the files, I was exposed to Mako, in a coma, and was experimented on. In result to my Mako Poisoning, I lost my memories and my body was weak due to being experimented on even though I don’t know the details. After Damon took me in and explained to the others about my situation, the rest of the guild welcomed me into their little family.”

Cloud’s eyes softened. “Your life turned upside down. That must’ve been hard on you.”

Dani shake her with a close eyes smile. “Not really.”