Episode 4

Episode 4: Hesitation

In Aerith’s church, Cloud woke up only to feel no pressure on his laps. Cloud look at his laps to find Dani gone. Cloud put his gloves back on then he stand up and look around but he couldn’t find Dani.

“Dani! Where are you?"

“Right behind you."

Cloud flinch and turned around to see Dani there with her hands on her hips and smiling innocently. Dani’s goggle was on her forehead.

“Don’t. Ever. Do. That. Again,"  Cloud said angrily.

“Okay, Cloudy!" Dani said cheerfully.

“What did you call me?"

Dani then raise her hands up in defense. “Okay, okay." She put her hands down. "By the way, thank you for letting me use your laps as a pillow."

Cloud slightly blushes, but unluckily Dani saw it.

“Are you…blushing, Cloud?"

“N-no. You’re just imagining thing." Cloud quickly looks the other way.

“Hm? Okay. Wanna head back?"

“Sure."

Cloud follows Dani out of Aerith’s Church. Cloud’s motorcycle Fenrir was park on the right while Dani’s motorcycle Agito was park on the left. Cloud’s and Dani’s motorcycle was park side to side. Cloud got on his motorcycle Fenrir, start the engine, and put on his goggle.

But Dani turned around, close her eyes like she was praying, then open her eyes and turn around to go to her motorcycle Agito.

Dani got on, start the engine, and put on her goggle that’s on her forehead. “Cloud?"

Cloud turns his head to the left and look at Dani. “Yeah?"

Dani seems to hesitate on what she was going to say. “Forget it. It’s nothing."

Cloud somehow knew that something was on Dani’s mind but decided to let it go for now. “Hm, Alright."

At that, they make their way back to 7th Heaven. Once they park their motorcycle, they walk in to 7th Heaven.

Once Cloud and Dani enter 7th Heaven, Cloud went up to his room. Dani saw Tifa behind the counter and Tifa smirk at her.

Dani raise a brow in confuse. “What?"

“Oh, nothing. Nothing at all," Tifa said innocently.

Dani walked to the counter and sit on one of the stool.

"So…you and Cloud-"

"Don’t start, Tifa." ‘Please oh please don’t.’

"Aw come on, Dani. I absolutely know what you know."

"And what exactly do you know that I know?"

"I exactly know what you know that you kept it secret."

"And what exactly do you know what I know that I kept it secret?"

"Oh you know. That thing…that’s in your heart that you won’t admit to-"

Dani quickly cover Tifa’s mouth with her both hands. “Please don’t tell him!" Dani move her hands from Tifa’s mouth and lays them on the counter.

"You still haven’t told him yet have you?" Tifa asked.

Dani shook her head ‘no’.

"Well, what’s stopping you? It’s been almost 6 years now." Tifa said.

6 years. It was before Cloud and Dani join SOLDIER.

 Dani sigh and let her head fall on her arms. "I suck."

"Cheer up, pup." Tifa pat and ruffle Dani's head.

Dani move her head a bit to lay her chin on her arms. "I will never get a date with him even if he asks me."

Tifa move her hand and crossed her arms with a confuse expression. “And why not?"

"W-well…it’s because-"