Ruth - love in slippers🤍

FemReader x Ruth🤍
.Pure Fluff & Comedy.
Ever wonder what it would be like to give your mate a pair of slippers?
1,509

"Do you ever wonder..." Chise spoke out as we soaked in the sun, lying in the cool grass in front of the house.

"Wonder what?" I tilted my head to get a side view of her face before she also looked at me.

"If Ruth chews on slippers like an actual dog."

I laughed a bit, "What do you mean? What made you come up with that idea?"

"Well... I have to tell you a secret but, you have to promise not to tell Ruth I told you." She pressed her index finger against her lips indicating for me to keep this hush hush.

I hurriedly presses my lips together, zipping them up with a imaginary lock and key before throwing the key as far as I possibly could. She laughed at me before continuing.

"Good! Now..." she motioned me to come closer and brought her voice down to a near whisper, "the other day I felt that Ruth was really happy. At first I thought it was because he was spending time with you like I usually felt when he was around you but, then I saw Ruth in his human form outside... and he was... chasing a squirrel."

This made me gasp in surprise, "No! Really?" I optioned myself to rest against my elbow and she did the same.

She nodded with a small giggle, "I'm serious! I don't know why! I've never seen him do this before... Maybe it was because his other form is a dog but, seeing him with two legs trying to chase after a squirrel... I couldn't contain my laughter!"

The two of us were both laughing by now, holding on to our stomachs trying to calm down. Just thinking about Ruth doing something as silly as that brought a smile to my face.

"This mate of mine..." I mumbled now wondering where he ran off too. I felt in my body with him that he was safe and that had me relax as I looked at Chise, "you know Chise, maybe we can try it." I looked at her with smirk.

She gave the same facial expression before we both raced to the market to find the perfect slipper and after about 30 minutes we were back home and setting up the perfect trap. We were in mine and Ruth's  room setting a red blanket on the ground and placing the black slippers directly on top.

"Do you think this will work?" I wondered.

"We've never had these kinds of slippers in the house before so I'm not sure." She gave me a small shrug, "but, how will we know if he gets it?"

"Hmmm... Oh!" An idea popped in my head and I looked to Chise excitedly, "You should put a charm on them so when he touches them, they'll squeak!"

"Good idea!" She smiled casting a small spell before testing it out and sure enough it worked!

"Let's just hope-" she paused as we heard the front door open, "he's here! Out, out, out!"

The two of us rushed out of the room, purposely leaving the door open so he would see them if he walked down the hallway. We both tried our best to act inconspicuous as we made it just in time to the living room without him knowing where we were originally.

"Ruth!" I called to him happily as he finally stepped in to the room, "I missed you!"

His smile made my heart swell as he gave me a warm hug. Nuzzling his nose in my hair, he took a calm breath missing his mate more than ever. It was hard for him to be gone from her this long. He wish he could have her next to him at all times but, he knew that wouldn't be a healthy relationship for them.