Joseph - i love you🕊

FemReader x Joseph 🕊
content .Pure Fluff.
Fluff, fluff, oh and mode fluff.
1,130

"Joseph!" I greeted my only friend as he headed out of his home.

His tone was airy as he said my name the surprised look on his handsome face turning into a warm smile that would make the sun envious, "And what are you doing here today?"

"Well!" I blushed slightly as I drew the basket of muffins I had made for him behind my back, "Well I... uh... made these for you." I pulled back the cloth that secured the baked goods and held the basket in front of me so he could see them properly.

"Wow... they look so good!" His smile grew as he gazed at them and I could practically feel the excitement coming off him. He must be hungry after a hard day of work and is like to do everything I possibly can to make it easier on him. Maker knows how much he needs to rest.

I kicked the ground a bit with my foot my gaze held the top of my basket as I swayed myself side to side, "And I was hoping we could go somewhere to eat them together? I-if you want too that is!" To say I was nervous was an understatement. I think the squirrels sitting by a tree just to the right of me were laughing.

Without another word he opened the door to his home and walked inside leaving me with the most confused across my face.

"Was that... a no?" I asked myself as I set the basket by his door and started to walk away.

I sighed to myself at my failed attempt before I heard my name being called.

"Huh?" I wondered as I turned around to see Joseph chasing after me with my basket.

"Wait! Wait for me!" He called, out of breath as he finally reached me, "why did you leave without me?" He panted.

I blushed out of embarrassment as I scratched the back up my neck, "ah well, you didn't answer so I assumed you didn't want to go. I'm sorry." 

"I just went to put my tools back inside. I can take a break every once in a while especially if it's getting to be with you." He mumbled the last part quietly to himself but, I still heard and that made a blush creep across my face.

The breeze felt nice against my skin as we sat in a field near by. It felt so long since seven had time for ourselves. I've just been so busy making herbs and he had been with handling the bodies of the deceased. Our live we're so different yet I still felt this strong feeling for him.

"Ah! It's been a while since we've came here! I hadn't realized how much I've missed spending time here! W-with you o-of course." He stuttered the last sentence as a blush creeped up his neck.

"I missed it too." I laughed at his flustered behavior.

"Hey! Don't laugh!" He whined.

We both started to laugh uncontrollably at his childish behavior before settling down to a calm state, staring at the view ahead.

"Joseph..." I called his name as we stared at the water rippling through the lake.

"Yes?" His gaze drifted towards me with a curious look.

"Would you ever... Want to leave this place? Start over somewhere knew where nobody knew your name.. Or where you from... Or what your favorite activities were?" I wondered aloud.

He remained quiet for a moment before answering as honestly as he could, "Yes... I would... Not without you though." He smiled towards me before looking ahead once again, "There's so much more out there to see and to be living in a place where everyone hates you is just..." he bowed his head towards the grass below.

"I don't hate you." I whispered comforting him with a gentle hand on his.

His hand held mine with the intention of never letting go, "you don't?"

I laughed at his absurd question, "of course I don't silly. Just the opposite in fact." The pink blush found its way to my cheeks again, "how could I ever hate you? Your always so kind and considerate to me. Asking how my day was and checking up on me every now and again. When I'm sad, you are the only one who could put a smile back on my face. I could never hate you even if I really wanted too." I smiled at my cheesy rant as I waited for a response.

"What? What are you..." He stuttered over his words with a blush of his own, "Confessing to me?"

"Well I..." I took a deep breathe taking my other hand to press against his cheek. With a light nudge I pushed his face in my direction and when I saw those beautiful eyes of his I smiled, "Yes. I really care for you Joseph... More than anyone I've ever known. You make me feel like I'm in the stars and just being with you makes me feel happy. I wouldn't ask for anything else then to just have you say hi to me in the morning. I would leave with you in a heartbeat if you asked me to come with you. I know what those other mean do to you and I can't stand to watch anymore. I don't want to see you get hurt anymore. It's okay if you don't feel the same way but, please... Let me love you because I do. I love you."

I was looking at him and he was a complete mess and as he realized he was taking to long to respond he quickly closed the distant between us with a kiss. It was a surprising kiss filled with nothing but, tender and shh movements but, it was to me the most wonderful first kiss in the world... and when he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, he whispered those three words that meant the most to me in this world...

"I love you..." he smiled drawing me closer to him so that I would lean into his form, "so so much. I love you."

"Good." I smiled brightly up at him, "because I wouldn't want to love anyone else. Just you Joseph."

"Then let's go explore this world together shall we?"

I nodded getting up on my feet, "I'll start packing. I'll meet you back here at nightfall." I began to run towards my little cottage before yelling back, "don't be late! I'll be waiting for you!"

"I promise I won't!" He smiled beginning his trip back to his home.

'I won't be late...'