Elias - new home🕊

(Fem reader x Elias 🕊
Slight mature content • .violence.
Through pain and heartbreak, love seems to find its way through the cracks. Mates have a funny way of doing so.
1,890

Everything seemed to hit me at once. Not just the crippling fear of death but, the pain shooting through my entire body. I screamed as the creature snapped my right leg in half like a twig. The rain fell harder surrounding us in its tears. It seemed to cry out in hatred at what had just occurred in this small town, hitting the ground with such hatred. But, it couldn't blur out the house that burned in front of my eyes. My only home that I had grown up in. My life flashed slowly before my eyes as memories seemed to resurface in my inevitable end. Our lives were so short...

I tried to crawl away from the creature screaming as loud as I could for my family that wouldn't answer my cries for help. Not this time... they were there lifeless just out of my reach and I could do nothing but, cry for them. It was as if it this were all from some twisted fairytale written by the town storyteller. I couldn't look away from the cold eyes of my little brother. This wasn't how this was suppose to be. Where had it come from? Why did it have to kill him? And now it was going to kill me.

I couldn't face the monster choosing to keep my eyes on my brothers. I will be with my family soon enough...

'Why would I want to live now anyways? I have no one...'

A black figure jumped over my crippled form lying down in the muddy ground. I could barely tilt my head to look at it as the thing attacked the other creature. I was in mixed panic of emotions. 'What was saving me? Is it saving me or is it fighting to eat me too? Who would win?'

I couldn't flee fast enough away from the chaos because of my broken leg but, I don't really know if I wanted too... What was the point? I could only lie there waiting for my end and as the black shadow tore the beast apart it looked towards me dropping piece of flesh it had in its mouth. I could only watch the way the light of the flames danced of its hide, holding my breath waiting for my fate. I didn't even have a chance it to close my eyes as it come at me with inhuman speed and just... Stopped. A bone like face inches away from mine. The smell of the other creatures blood filling my nose.

"What is your name?" It spoke. How did it just... Speak to me? It's voice was deep making me believe it was a he.

It took me a while to respond before I finally choked out my name. The rain hit against my cheeks until I realized the rain had stopped and it was only my tears.

"Are you okay?" He transformed into a human right before my eyes kneeling in front of me as his hands touched my leg.

I yelped immediately from the shooting pain going through my body to which he just apologized.

"No... Not really." I whispered finally glancing up at the man or being who just saved my life, "Y-you... You saved me... Why?"

"Because..." His voice trailed off for a moment thinking of the right words to use. He never thought he would have a mate and here she was in pain. All he could think about was how he wasn't fast enough. He couldn't get here in time to save her from all of this, "You are... My... Mate."

"What exactly are you?"

He could sense my discomfort and confusion in the words he spoke. Not ready to answer my question he shook his head, "Let me take you home."

"Home?" I questioned looking at the man and then towards my flame engulfed home, "I have no home... Not anymore." I whispered.