Ruth - finding you🕊☁️

(Fem reader x Ruth
Slight mature content • .agnst. .fluff.
In which Isabell was Ruth's first love instead of his 'sister'. Reader feels like she is just a replacement competing against what Ruth once had. You get into a fight but, you find out Ruth loves your more than you realized.)
2,047

"Isabell..."

I watched the only person in my life kneeling front of her grave for yet another day. It made my heart ache at watching him talk to her. We came here often paying our respects to his first love, Isabell. At first I hadn't minded. I felt horrible for what had happened, how she had been killed in a hit and run accident. I didn't know her but, heard stories of her from him. I gave him as much time as he needed to mourn.

We became close one evening walking into each other as we left the cemetery. The two of us mourning over people we've lost. I told him that day how my brother had died from cancer about 3 months before. I didn't know how to understand or get through the grief but, Ruth in his own way showed me how to accept it.

I ended up developing a small crush over our time together but, hadn't had the courage to do anything about it until one day when he walked me home in the rain and kissed me on the side walk.

"I... Ruth..." I whispered his name as we got soaked under the stars.

"I know this is sudden but, I care about you and I hope you care about me too..." His blush said it all and I gently held his face as I brought him down for another kiss.

"I care about you too Ruth..."

I remembered that moment as love for him swelled my heart until I realized where we were. Everything changed since then. Some changes were good like I met his family, Elias, Chise, and Silky. They all excepted me with in a matter of minutes of first meeting. That was two years ago and about a month ago I ended up moving in with Ruth. Those were a few of my happy memories but, there were also sad ones too. He would mention her a lot while we went on dates or just little things. It made my chest tighten but, I understood him and what he was going through. I would mention things about my brother from time to time but, when it's about his first love and not about one of his family members made me feel small compared to her... but, with Ruth I knew he loved me.

"Ruth... Sweetie, It's time to go... We'll miss our dinner reservations." I whispered as I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Just a little longer..." Ruth spoke not even turning to look at me.

I checked my phone seeing that we had a little under 20 minutes left and it took 15 minutes to get there. You see any other day I would have let him stay as long as he wished but, today was a very important day. Because you see... Today was our anniversary and the night I was going to propose. Elias had made an amazing reservation to an expensive but, beautiful restaurant downtown. Chise and Silky had made this wonderful dress in which I couldn't thank them enough. This night would be magical... at least I hoped it would be.

"Honey we should really get going or we'll miss it." I tried to reason with him but, he ignored me so I tried again, "really this is important and I promise we'll come back tomorrow-" instead of getting him to agree he turned and looked at me with anger causing me to take my hand off his shoulder.

A chill went down my spine and it was the first time I felt worried around him. It made my heart beat faster in anxiety.

"Why are you rushing me like this?! What's with you today?! Huh?!" He stood up glaring into my soul.

I gripped the little black box tighter in my pocket as I took a step back, "i-it's just-"

Taking those few steps towards me he looked down at me with a raised eyebrow,  "What? It's just what? Your being impatient with me. Why are you rushing me like this? It's just a silly dinner! It's okay if we're a little late. Do you not realize how important this is to me right? I need to talk with Isabel!"