Ruth - finding each other🕊

(Fem reader x Ruth
Fluffy content • .fluff.🕊
You dreamed of finding your mate and after risking your life to save Chise you do.)
1,438

Elias told me of mates once. When we were sat down by the fire in his nook. I wondered the question out loud in which he gladly answered. He told me, that when you lay eyes on them. Your soul isn't just yours anymore... That it belonged to the person who you would spend the rest of your life with. That scared me a little and I wondered what it would be like to find my mate.

Chise called my name and I turned my head to look at her.

"Yes?" My eyes brightened the room as my tail wagged happily along.

I was a pure white wolf and the last of my kind. We were hunted and killed out centuries ago and when my parents gave me up at birth they did with the intent of keeping me safe but, my master on the other hand had other plans and I live with the abuse until Elias had found me. Taking me into his home and granting me to become his familiar. I'd forever be grateful to the mage Elias.

"I'm ready now, we should get going."

Hopping off her bed, we made our way to the front door to find Elias waiting.

"You seem happier." He commented as the two waved a goodbye to Silky. I nudged her leg with my nose earning a pet on the head before I left the house.

"I don't know... Today just seems... Different." I didn't hide the butterflies in my stomach as I followed my two companions closely.

I glanced at our new family member admirably. To be honest, I was so happy when Chise came along. She seemed to brighten the atmosphere even more then before and it was nice for Silky and I to have more company around. Also To see Elias so happy made me happy.

'I'd protect my little Chise with my life.' I thought as I nudged her hand with my nose. She glanced down patting my head with a small smile.

We continued on with idle chitchat that wasn't too interesting until Elias brought up a topic of familiars.

"What does it feel like to have a familiar?" Chise asked looking at Elias and I.

"It's slightly different from finding your mate but it is a strong bond none the less. Connecting one another through heart and mind. It's sharing your magic and your life." Elias explained as he gave me a scratch behind my ear, "Their your truest friend until the end. I wouldn't ask for another familiar."

I barked happily running circles around them before we stopped. A quiet air landed over us as we entered the village.

"We're here." Elias murmured as we glanced about the horrid scene. Bodies were torn and tattered. I tried everything I could to nudge Chise out of the way. She shouldn't be witness to something so gruesome.

"I'm going to go talk with the priests. Chise take a look around and be careful." Elias spoke whistling me to follow before we took off.

"Shouldn't I be with Chise?" I asked.

"I'm happy you've taken a liking towards her but, I feel as though something is off and I need you to stick close by me in case I need to transform."

Elias was right and I didn't question him more after that. After talking to a few townspeople, Elias decided it was about time to join Chise and share our findings. In his shadow form he left quickly but not before telling me to meet them in the forest.

At first I just trotted along the mossy floor taking in the scenery. That is until a feeling hit me deep in the chest. Something was terribly wrong. Elias was in trouble which means Chise was in trouble. I could feel it as I ran through the forest. My feet pushed me harder and harder. My heart thudding loudly against my chest as I ran.