Chapter 10 : Peach Roses Part 2

Začít od začátku

" um Cherry" I said trying to break her attention.
" Devante ?" She let out in confusion and sass.
" yea uh just come in I could explain this whole thing. I knew it would be super confusing on your end" I said stepping back giving her space to walk into my condo since I was blocking the door.

" well for starters this was really sweet of you but I'm not sure why you had to feel like tricking me into coming here was the way to go about things but either way I'm glad I'm here " she said tossing her jacket and hanger on the rack.

" well how about we eat and talk cause I slaved over my stove, I don't want it to get cold you feel me?" I said making her laugh.

I'm guessing she took the hint to follow the bed of flowers under her feet. Once we made our way to the table her face lit up

" I'm guessing you like my little setup huh?" I said
" yea yeah it's something slight who knew you had this in you" she said trying to diss me on the low but I just laughed it off.

Soon we started to pour the wine and began eating our food. And from the way she wouldn't stop stuffing her face with chicken I'm guessing she liked the food. A point for Devante.

" well I do thank you for this I can tell you went through a lot to do this and I appreciate it " she said. "...but tell me why you couldn't just ask me out or just be upfront. Why with the roses at work ?" She asked with a squinty side eye stuffing her mouth with string beans.

" well the flowers thing was supposed to be a sweet gesture to have your mind wondering about who it would be wanting dinner and stuff, but once you came back upstairs talking about, what's his name?" I said acting as if I had forgot that nigga name 😒

" I didn't wanna disappoint you. Kinda like how I feel now I want to disappoint you right now with the dinner and all since it's not who you expected ." I said looking her way waiting for her response.
" I don't feel disappointed with you right now I'm actually glad that I'm here... with you." She said with a compassionate smile.

" But unless you just wanted me to test your cooking , what's the real reason you asked me to come here tonight. I know something is on your mind" she said diving into her plate bobbing her head to my radio playing some smooth RnB. Damn she can read right through
me.
Not even wanting to best around the bush I just came out with the truth.

" I wanted to talk us. Well not "us" but like I kinda like—" I started clearing my throat.

" I wanted to talk about what happened that night. Like we gotta fix this." I said looking away from her anxiously waiting on her response.

" I mean we've spent years hating each other and trying to build this fake ass business relationship like we don't have real issues " I said reaching for more wine.

After my little spill she just looked at me grabbing the bottle wine to chug. Like did I not just pour my heart out on this table?
" so do you wanna go first or wha—" I started saying getting annoyed that she ignored me at first but then had the nerve to cut me off.

" what about it?" She asked bluntly. Is she really finna have an attitude when I'm tryna fix our shit.

" Well..for starters I wanna apologize for lashing all that anger out on you. I just had so much on my mind that night between my dad and that Iesha situation then you leaving topped it off." I said trying not to get annoyed by this attitude.