FRAXUS: Dance with me

Freed's P.O.V

The thunder legion and myself walked around with the Strauss siblings for most of the night. Bickslow and Lisanna talked as did Elfman and Evergreen.

I was walking beside Laxus when Mira leaned in between us and made a teasing joke about the four walking in front of us. Laxus' mouth ticked up to a smirk, revealing his fang like teeth.

He was wearing a ruffled up suit without a tie, his yellow hair clearly had been tried to be pulled back. Emphasis on the tried. I, however, wore a tidy suit with a tight tie around my neck. My green hair was in a loose plait.

As we were walking, I noticed Bickslow  had disappeared with the youngest Strauss sibling, and Evergreen and Elfman were slowly distancing themselves with us.

Mira giggled. "Well, as much as I trust you guys, Bickslow is a different story. I'm going to go check on my sister." I knew she was lying, well at least at the checking her sister part. Mira was one of the only ones who knew I liked Laxus, so she was obviously trying to give us some space.

"Yeah, Bickslow can be pretty weird. Lisanna should be fine, but it is Bickslow." The lightening dragon Slayer joked.

I was glad I got to be alone with him, but jealousy washed over me as he flirted. That's flirting, right? I wasn't sure, but the way they bounced off each other made me wish Laxus and I could talk more.

As Mira skipped away, Laxus sighed and suggested to walk over to the sweet stand. "As long as Erza isn't there, it's safe." I joked, earning a chuckle from the tower of a man.

I bought a caramel apple and Laxus bought a doughnut, almost stepping on a fallen cake. We ate in silence as we wandered the streets of Magnolia, admiring the decorations. I was unaware I started to slowly walk closer towards Laxus, until our shoulders brushed.

I was about to move away when he slung his arm over around my neck casually. My face grew a dark shade of pink and I looked away. As the two of us walked, we unintentionally walked towards the music.

Turning a corner, children and couples danced to the music. It was a cheerful sight, but my face dropped when I saw the time. We had walked around for a while, it was now 11:30.

I whipped my head towards Laxus who had a small smile playing on his lips as he watched the dancing. "Laxus." I said, gaining his attention.

He raised an eyebrow towards me, silently asking me to continue. "Shouldn't you find someone for the midnight kiss? I would hate for you to lose. Who knows what that barbarian would make you do." I referred to Natsu, obviously.

He chuckled lightly and looked down. I tilted my head slightly, in attempt to look at his face. Laxus walked towards me and softly grabbed my hand with his huge one.

"Come, Freed. Dance with me."  He slowly pulled me to where the music was and the people started to slow dance. My face started to sting from blushing so much.

Speaking of Sting, I saw him and Rogue dancing too. I smiled softly. I had stayed in touch with some people from Sabertooth, and they told me that the raven and the blonde were secretly in love with each other.

Laxus pulled me over to the grass and twirled me slightly, resting his other hand on my waist when he did so. I reached my hand up to his shoulder and relaxed my other into his hand.

Swaying sweetly left and right, Laxus looked down at me with loving eyes and small smile. I blushed and looked down. "Why are you staring?" I mumbled.

The Dragon Slayer snickered and reached his hand to push away my green bangs that cover my right eye. "Why do you wear your hair like that?" He muttered. I shrugged.

We danced on a little more. Every now and then, I would try my luck at moving closer to him. He let me, but slowly twirled me around when he needed to. I grumbled at him.

"I'm not a girl. You don't need to twirl  me." I pouted. He laughed. "I don't need to, but I do." I rolled my eyes at his honest and blunt answer.

Laxus' P.O.V

Soon enough, Freed and I were basically hugging and just swaying from side to side. I rested my head on his that he  leaned on my chest.

"It's starting to snow!" A green exceed in a pink frog outfit said. Freed and I looked up at the sky, and sure enough, it was snowing.

"This isn't snow." Freed whispered to me, holding his hand up. "It's Gray's magic."

"It's amazing how you can pinpoint exactly who or what magic is being used." I say, a little embarrassed after I realized what I said. Freed just huffs a laugh and we continue to dance slowly.

I don't know why my affection for this green haired mage is more then any other. It might be the fact I can trust him to have my back through thick and thin, the way he talks so smart is weird but I like it.

Everyone around us started to count down, and I don't hesitate to kiss Freed when the New Year arrived. His eyes go wide for a second, but then closed as his lips pushed against mine. They seemed perfect together, unfortunately we pulled away for air.

Freed's arms somehow had wrapped themselves around my neck and he pulled me down for another kiss, this one more passionate.

"Laxus Dreyer. Thank you." I had no idea what he was thinking me for, but I smiled a little and picked him for under his arms, spinning around. I planted his feet back on the ground, looking at his flustered face before letting out a chuckle.

I pecked his cheek before suggesting we should go home. All of the Thunder Legion guys, including myself, shared an apartment together.

"If Bickslow doesn't come home tonight, we should be worried. " Freed spoke, causing me to laugh even though it was probably true. When we arrived the bluenette wasn't home.

Freed made his way to his room and I made my way to my own. I lay in bed, however not feeling as if I could sleep aside the fact it was nearly 1 am. Quickly I got up and snuck down the corridor to Freed's room in just my sweatpants.

I almost made it too, damnit, when I heard the front door open and my other roommate dawdled in. I bolted (pun intended) to Freed's room and sunk beneath the covers beside him.

He turned around, half asleep and cute as hell. "Hello." He whispered and curled an arm around my waist. Soon enough, we tangled ourselves with one another.

I felt more tired and comfortable cuddling up to him as I could feel his warm breath tickling my bare chest. Pulling him closer and kissing his forehead, I finally fall asleep with a small content smile playing at my lips.