ROWEN: Young love

Romeo's P.O.V

"Are you sure you wanna do this, Romeo?" Gray asked. I nodded my head. "Yep, of course. Just because I'm young, doesn't mean I can't be in this competition." I pump my fist in the air.

Natsu laughed. "Alright, alright. Just don't get too freaky with Wendy."

"Seriously, don't." They warned. I shivered to think. I reassured them I won't.

~~~

I saw Wendy in a long purple dress. Her hair was up in high ponytail, strands of it on the side of her face. She looked amazing. I was going to talk to her, but she looked up to the sky at last minute.

Kinda stuck on what to do, I did what any kid my age would do when in panic. "Tag!" I tapped her shoulder and ran.

She quickly caught on to what was happening and ran after me. "I'm gonna get yooouuu!" She said. Wendy finally caught up to me, and tagged me.

We played for a while, until it started snowing. I suddenly stopped, recognizing the magic.

"Hey isn't this-" I was cut off by Wendy falling into me, causing us to fall on the frost covered grass.

"S-sorry! I hope your ok!" She blushed like mad and got off of me. We both sat up and watched the snow fall onto us.

"Hey, isn't this Gray's magic?" She asked. I laughed a little. "I was gonna ask the same question before..." I looked at her and she turned away, a blush on her cheeks.

I chuckled again. "Hey, Wendy? There's something I need to ask..." I explained to her the competition.

"So I was wondering if I could..." I trailed off. Wendy's eyes looked teary, but she spoke up.

"I get that you might want to impress Natsu and the other guys, but like this isn't a way to do that. You only chose my because I'm the only one near your age at the guild." Her voice broke off at the end.

My eyes grew wide as I processed what she just said. "No! Of course not Wendy! It's not like that, they didn't peer pressure me or anything. They told me to only agree if I liked someone, and well... I like you Wendy, a lot." Now I was blushing.

It took a while for her to understand what I said, but when she did, she stared at me in awe.

"4!...3!...2!..." Wendy leaned in expectingly, and I kissed her. It might not be much compared to what the other guys will be doing, but it meant everything to me.

I  pulled away then stared into her dark eyes and smiled. Wendy smiled too, before wrapping me into a hug. My dad found us and started to tease me.

Then Carla came over to scold Wendy. One thing lead to another, and now Carla and my dad are arguing about us. I sighed at how my dad was having a fight with a cat.

Wendy just giggled cutely then grabbed my hand and started running. Once we got a safe enough distance, we slowed down.

She never let go of my hand though, and I never let go of hers. Wendy was amazing. She was so strong, yet so gentle.

She cares a lot, and has a smile to make even scary people like Gajeel and Laxus smile back. It was like her magic wasn't only sky, but her kindness to others was so huge it was almost magical.

Wendy's P.O.V

I have been crushing on Romeo for a while now, even though technically I'm much older than him. But I didn't care, and it seemed neither did he.

We are walking down the street, hand in hand. I rested my head on his shoulder. The few people who were still enjoying the festival looked our way before saying how cute we are or, "Young Love."

I honestly did love Romeo though. So I decided to tell him.

"Romeo." He hummed in response. "I love you." He didn't seem effected by this. Instead, he kissed me on my head and said. "I love you too Wendy."

We walked around the festival some more, and bought a bag of candy each too. Finally, Carla and Macao caught up to us.

"You guys are up way past your bed time!" Macao scolded. Carla made a 'hmpf' sound and nodded.

"Oh, alright!" I said, rubbing my eyes. "I'm a little tired."

I pulled Romeo in for a hug, then kissed him on the cheek. "Goodnight Romeo. " I said smirking, knowing Macao lost all colour in his face.

"Goodnight Wendy. " He pecked me on the lips, then winked and walked away, knowing Carla was freaking out.

"Whaaaat?!" Carla and Macao yelled.

I heard Romeo talk with his father, while I tried to drown out Carla yelling at me. I know it was mean, but I was too busy thinking about Romeo, and what we might become after tonight.

I blushed a little. "Honestly Wendy, you should have told me you and Romeo were together!" I heard.

I turned to face the white exceed. "Well, we weren't before tonight..." I told her what happened earlier that night, and she chuckled.

"What did you and the other exceeds get up to? More specifically, you and a certain 'Tomcat'" I giggled. Carla blushed some more.

"N-nothing child! Nothing much..." She trailed off. I laughed a little more and we reached our apartment at Fairy Hills.

"B-bedtime Wendy!" She stuttered. I looked over at my alarm clock and it was 2 in the morning. "Goodnight Carla." I sighed.

"Goodnight."

I pressed a few fingers to my lips, remembering the feeling of Romeo's lips on them.