It was surprising to us commoners when it came out that he was sleeping with Hannah in the first place. I'd done my research on my way back to the building to find the headlines about how scandalous Austin Wood was. But what I don't understand is why it was such a fuss. How many people meet their significant others at work? Jim and Pam did. Pete and Peggy.

"Because I know for a fact that you are nothing like her. You care about other's, you don't give a damn about rumors, so why would you run and tell everyone when we sleep together?" I move my head up to face his as he speaks, "She came here to tell me she doesn't want me with you. That you're not good enough for me or some shit. But it's the other way around, Laines. I don't deserve someone like you," he whispers as he presses his forehead to mine.

I brush my thumb along his lower lip in a calming manner. "I'm not scared of her," I rest my forehead in his own, "Okay maybe a little bit but she's a woman who wants your attention. Just don't give it to her. You're a good man, Austin, I trust you more than I've trusted anyone in a long time. So don't run when she cries wolf. I'm not going anywhere and all her petty little actions aren't going to stop either of us from wanting this."

"She'll try to get in the middle. And she will. She always gets what she wants. I don't want that for you. We should call it quits. I don't want to see you hurt."

I can't help but smile innocently, "I won't. She can do whatever she wants. We're friends Austin. Nothing can ever change that."

He swallows harshly and I can't pinpoint why, but he quickly masks whatever emotion he had running through his body, "She gets in the way of everyone I love. Don't let her change your opinion of me."

"How could I?" I giggle, "You'll always be a stick up the ass guy."

Austin rolls his eyes and shift slowly but I stop him, "Before we have to go back to reality," I sigh out, "Can we just lay here for a while?"

A genuine smile takes over that brooding look he wore so well, "I couldn't imagine anything better, Miss. Lainey Bennett."

I hum in response as my eyes flutter shut with a smile still on my lips. "I'm so glad we're on the same page, Mr. Austin Wood.

•- Austin Wood -•

I never anticipated Lainey Bennett to be part of my life. But as she soundly sleeps pressed against my body, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

She stirs lightly, before her eyes flutter open angelically. A soft smile crosses her perfect lips, "Oops," she mumbles as she presses her body against mine, "What time is it?" She asks, her voice groggy from her sleep.

I lift my watch to my face and smile, "Time to go home," I whisper, but instead of acting on the information I wrap my arms around her and tug her to my side.

"Something tells me I'm not going," Lainey smiles as she nuzzled into my embrace.

"This is why we're such a good team. You get me." I laugh as I brush her hair out of her beautiful face.

She nuzzles closer to my body as if it were even possible. I never liked human contact except for sex, but with Laine it was like a second language.

All of this was confusing. I spent the rest of my day watching her sleep. There was nothing more peaceful than watching her face scrunch in her sleep. I'm sure this position was less than comfortable but I didn't want to move. It was a downright wasteful day, but I don't regret it.

"So, how do you propose we go about leaving?" She asks, living her head to look at me.

I can't help but smile as I brush her hair out of her face, "How do you feel about conference call?"

She shrugs as she rests her chin on my chest. "I've heard better."

How she awoke with such humor was beyond me, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

"Like what, Miss. Bennett?" I raise my eyebrow in curiosity.

She hums as her eyes lift to the ceiling in thought. "You got bored and shoved an actual stick up your ass so I had to pull it out but that didn't work so we called Tim Allen to do it because Timmy is hot as all fuck."

"What the hell were you dreaming about?" I ask with laughter.

Laine smiles innocently, "Don't worry about it, pretty boy," she pokes her nail to my cheek.

She moves to get off of me and pout, "Don't leave me," I whine like a child as she stretches her arms.

"I'm not going to leave you. I'm glued to you, you fuck," she giggles before standing up and putting her shoes on.

"Now there is something we could be doing," I raise my eyebrows suggestively. She grabs a pillow and chucks it at my face before standing up and fixing her attire.

I sit up and stretch out my body that's been tightened all day. It felt a hell of a lot better. It's no wonder I hate contact that isn't fucking. It causes pain. I now pity those in relationships.

I put my shoes on and leave my jacket on the couch as I follow Lainey to her desk.

Just as we step out, we hear her name being called by two smaller children.

"Lainey! Lainey!" Clover and Graham call as they jump at her legs. She laughs as she falls to the floor and hugs the kids.

"They wouldn't stop talking about Lainey and you. Figured we'd stop by before you leave," Chris sighs as he and Eric make their way over to us.

The kids don't bother hugging me but I don't think too much about it.

Lainey and this children start a conversation and I quickly give Chris and Eric a family hug. "Might want to be a little less discreet, Aussie, Chris snorts, "You forgot a button."

I look down and notice the button Lainey had accidentally undone during our heart to heart. I clear my throat and fix it before glaring at him. I had no time to fix his mistake as Chris pulls Lainey into a hug.

Eric claps his hand on my shoulder with an amused smile. "It's okay, Austin. Your secrets are safe with us."

I roll my eyes as I watch Chris and Lainey engage in comfortable silence. "There is no secret, Eric. We're just really good friends."

"You tell yourself that now. But I bet you despise not being able to kiss her in public. I bet you can't stand the fact that she's open to every other human being because you can't grow the balls to ask her out."

I was engrossed in watching her with my family understand what he was saying but once I pierced it together I throw my head back and run my hands up and down my face.

"It's not like that, Eric. We all know what happened with Hannah. I can't go through it again."

Eric rolls his eyes as he gives my shoulder a rough squeeze, "You're falling for her, that's what's different than Hannah. We can all see it. She keeps you on your toes, keeps you stable. I don't think you were fucking, but I know my nephew like the back of my hand. If she makes you happy, drop your commitment issue bullshit and give her the love she deserves."

I shake my head subtler as Lainey looks up to me with a vibrant smile.

"I don't deserve her, Eric."

I see him nod his head in my peripheral vision, "I know. But you two love each other. Let it play out how it should, Aussie. I promise you.

•———•

Okay so we're any of you expecting cheating bitch ass Hannah? Because she can get hit by an unforgivable curse for all I fucking care. Sorry.

Is Austin finally admitting his undeniable love for Lainey? No. Thinking maybe. But boy doesn't know. Will they have sex soon? Yes. It's set my mans. We just need a few more chapters for the timing to come. Before Christmas I promise. I'm excited, be excited with me.

•Climax King
•Summer Sex
&
•2,213.3 Miles Away