Chapter Eight

Author's Note

Yay! New chapter!

Lucy POV

As soon as I walked into the guild with Natsu and Happy, someone lunged at me. I shrieked and tumbled down. Natsu growled and shoved the person off me, who let loose a girlish yelp. 

"WHO THE HELL- Oh hi Mira!" Natsu chirped. 

"Mira? What the hell? I thought you were trying to kill me!" I exclaimed, while helping her up. 

"Oh! Sorry. I just have a really big problem and need your opinion on this." Mira mumbled, patting her skirts down. It must have something to do with MiLaFre. I pecked Natsu on the cheek and looped my arm through Mira's. 

"Of course. Let's go outside." I half dragged her to the barn, where she started to freak out. 

"I know I love Laxus but I don't know if I can trust him again, but I know I can trust Freed, but I don't love love him what should I do? And they both love me!" She moaned as I patted her back. After she settled down a bit, I gave her some advice. 

"Look, Mira, if you really love Laxus, then you have to give him a second chance. And it seems to me you don't love Freed, you just pity him. Give Laxus a second chance. And reject Freed. That's my advice. But don't listen to me. Follow your heart."I declared, feeling a bit like Erza. Mira nodded confidently. 

"I think I'm going to do it! First, I will tell Laxus. Then... poor Freed!" I rolled my eyes. This girl! smh. I looked at her, and she perked up. "Sorry, I mean, then I will reject him."

"Good. Go, do it now!" I pushed her towards the guild doors. 

"You are trying to get rid of me!" She pouted. "Oh, yeah, you want to get back to your boyfriend." She teased, smirking suggestively at me. I glared at her, but secretly, I am glad that the Mira I know is back. I merely pushed her towards Laxus again. Then, I headed over to Natsu and Happy. 

"Hey, Luce. What were ya talking about with Mira?" Natsu asked me while cocking his head to the side (so kawaii!). 

"We were talking about how dumb you are!" I fibbed. He pouted and grabbed my hand. 

"Aw! What did I do? Is it because of last night? That wan't my fault! You invited me to your bed and asked me for my di-" I shoved my hand over his mouth. "Shut up, Natsu!" I hissed between clenched teeth. I heard Levy laughing at me. 

"Ew, Lu-chan! Your so horny!" She snickered. 

"Don't make me tell Gajeel about how you lo-" Now it was her turn to clasp her hand over my mouth. 

"Tell me about what?" Gajeel asked, all the while picking up Levy, and roughly placing her on his shoulder. I smirked at her. She turned red when Gajeel's hand brushed her thigh.

"G-G-G-Gaj-j-j-jeel!" She managed to stammer out. "W-W-What are you doing? Put m-me down!" Gajeel frowned. 

"Fine, shrimp if you insist." He muttered. However, instead of lowering her, he tightened his grip on her thigh, and ran out of the guild. I gasped at him. As Gajeel ran, I heard Levy's high voice yell "Where are you taking me?" and Gajeel's rough one say "On a date, of course. Only cuz ya insisted." I giggled. Such a cute couple. Speaking of couples, it seemed like it was going well over with Mira. Laxus had lifted her up by the waist and was currently spinning her around, both of them grinning like lunatics. Such a cute couple!

Mira POV

Laxus spun me in the air and hugged me close. "I love you so much, Mira. I won't ever hurt you again, I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you."

*FLASHBACK*

"Laxus, I realized that I can't stop loving you. But I swear, if you betray me again, I won't hesitate to crush you." I mumbled before getting swooped up into his arms.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I heard the whole guild cheering and whooping as he pressed his lips on mine. I kissed him back and pulled away, much to soon. "I have to do something really quick, okay? Be back in a sec." I smiled at him. The guild doors slammed shut as someone stormed out. Freed. I ran after him. "Freed! Wait! Hey Freed!" I yelled. 

"So what? So I can get rejected? So I can hear about you and Laxus being a couple now? God I sound like such a girl. This is like a sappy chick flick where the dream guy gets the girl even though he doesn't deserve it." He spat, voice filled with disgust. At least he stopped, I thought. 

"I'm sorry, Freed. But that's all true. I am going to reject you. And I am going to tell you me and Laxus are dating. And yes, Laxus doesn't deserve it. And you don't deserve the pain. But you did say something incorrect. Freed, you are a man. I think of you as a man. But that doesn't change the fact that I love Laxus. I'm sorry but it's the truth. I don't want you thinking that I don't like you because you 'aren't a man in my eyes' or something, though." I snarled, suddenly feeling very annoyed about how he was feeling bad for himself. Freed fell on the ground and just sat there. I knew he was crying. So I stood there, watching him, wrap his arms around himself and cry. Then he mumbled something. "What?" I said, taking a few steps forward so I could hear him. 

"I said, I'm not gay. I know it doesn't matter anymore, but I'm not. Everybody just thinks I am because I used to idolize Laxus. And because I'm girly." He muttered. 

"I know." I replied. Then I sat down next to him. I didn't touch him, or lean close to him, we just sat together while he cried. Soon, he stood up, and we walked back to the guild in silence. Just before we entered the guild, Freed said "I get it. " I gave him a look of confusion. "I mean, I get that you like him. I knew you did from the start, but I just wanted to keep trying. When I get over you, let's be friends again." I smiled at him. "I would like that." Then we walked in the guild. Together, but so far away. I guess not everybody's endings are happy. I understood that Freed couldn't even bear to look at me, and that it would take him a while to get over me, but I would wait. Freed was a really good friend, and I feel terrible for hurting him. Suddenly, I felt a large hand snake around my waist. 

"Hi Laxus," I giggled, leaning into him. 

"Hey," he rumbled "That was more than 'a sec'" 

"Oh yeah, sorry, me and Freed had to discuss... stuff." I replied, taking note of Levy snuggling into Gajeel's chest at the bar seat. Laxus nodded. He understood how Freed was trying to get over me, and respected it, which made me snuggle into his chest more. "I love you." I murmured.

"I love you more." He whispered. 

"You better."

"Hey!" 

Author's Note

Okee Dokee! Imma do one more chappy. Sorry for it being so short. I FEEL SO BAD FOR FREED LIKE WHY anyways, hope you liked the update! See ya!