Chapter Three

Author's Note

YAY! Time to get to the fun parts! I'm really surprised I didn't think I'd get this many reads! I know it sounds stupid since it's only like 70 but still, thank you! And I got my first votes! I really appreciate it, everyone! Remember, THINGS WILL MOVE QUICK IN THIS STORY. Just a warning.

Mira POV

Finally! The next day came, and I was at the guild, awaiting Laxus's presence eagerly. But half the day passed quickly and I still hadn't caught a glimpse of the man. SIghing while catching a barrel thrown at me with one hand from a riot across the room, I slumped in my standing position. I tried not to notice Natsu and Lucy, who were cuddling and whispering together. Natsu was even ignoring Gray! When asked 'why' by the ice mage, Natsu merely told him to 'confess to Juvia, then you'll understand.' Hearing that and seeing Gray's blush and Juvia's squeals finally got my mood up. Swiveling around, I noticed that there were nearly no barrels of beer left in the stock! I gasped in horror! This could cause terrible things to happen if the guild found out! I decided to steal some barrels from Cana's special barrel room. She would be mad when she found out (and yes, she WOULD find out, she counts them and sometimes sleeps in that room), but I could take her. After leaving Kinana to hold down the fort for me, I hurried to Cana's room. I opened the door a smidge cautiously, just in case she was in there. My predictions were correct. But I heard murmuring in there, so there had to be someone else there, too. I was wrong, she just had a communications lacrima. Always one for some juicy gossip, I closed the door and grabbed one of the beer cups that lay all over the floor to listen. When I first pressed the cup to the door, all I heard was angry exclaiming. After that I could hear clearly what she was saying.

"I still don't get it. Why? I thought you liked me!" Cana growled. I immediatly knew who she was talking to, and a smug look appeared on my face by default. 'He's mine, now, sorry boo!' I thought.

"It's a misunderstanding, just LISTEN!" came Laxus's rough voice. A misunderstanding? What the hell?

"What? The fact that WE were dating, but you suddenly became a couple with that white-haired skank?" My fists tightened in anger, and I felt my demon form partially take over, until I heard Laxus's reply.

"I don't even like her! I just have to please the old man, so I can become master. You know that he favors her. He was so excited about it when I told him, spouting some random shit about "Miraxus" and "true love". He's wants me to ask her out tommorow in front of the whole guild. Don't worry, babe, you'll still be the main. I'm only playing her!" My blood ran cold. I clasped my hand over my mouth to conceal my distressed screams. I could feel myself about to tear, but forced myself to listen to the whole conversation. Cana had laughed.

"Fine Laxus. Sounds like fun! We'll have her completely fooled. That bitch deserves it! So, you'll be here tommorow?"

"Yeah. See you then." The dim glow of the lacrima disappeared and I finally fled the guild. I ran and ran and ran, ignoring the shouts of my name, and the tears running down my face. Finally I stopped. I had no idea where I was. I leaned against and a nearby tree and fell down.

"Mira! Mira!" I heard. I knew there was only one person who could catch up to me so fast. I tried to greet her, but my tears and hiccups got in the way.

"Mira, what happeneed? Are you okay? Lucy is so worried. She couldnt catch you, though." Erza said, sitting down next to me while patting my back comfortedly. I just sobbed. Erza seemed to understand. Erza was probably the closest person to me my entire life (Other than probably Elfman or Lisanna). She hugged me while I wailed in grief. While bawling, I thought 'What did I do to deserve this? What should I do tommorow when he asks me out? How could he?' I finally stopped crying. The redhead looked at me expectantly. I explained what happened, and I could tell how furious she was at Laxus by the steam coming out from her ears.

"Look Mira. I'm going to be blunt. You could either stay here for the rest of your life and cry. OR you could get revenge on Laxus and Cana and watch them cower in fear when they hear your name. Your choice. I like the second one better personally. If you choose it, I will help you."

I didn't need to think very hard.

"I'll do it!" I declared confidently. My eyes narrowed as I planned my sweet revenge. Erza grinned at me in excitement.

Author's Note

So, sorry for the weird ending! I will probably update again today. Also, don't worry, Freed will come into the story again in the next chapter. See you soon!