Chapter Seven

Author's Note

... I really have run out of things to say here! Oh yas, thank you for 400 reads! So random I know, but really, thank you! 

Mira POV

Today was the day of Laxus and I's dat- I mean, hang out between friends. True, I was a little excited for him to pick me up. And yes, I did dress up a bit. BUT STILL. Only a date. Only. A. Date. I chanted to myself metally while shoving my forehead against the wall reapeatedly. 

"Uh, Mira? You ready?" I heard a voice call. Oh no! It was Laxus! And he had seen my facewalls! How embarassing. 

"Yes, I'm ready. "I announced, my head high in an attempt to awkwardly forget the weird scene Laxus saw. "Let's go." Since the town was only a couple miles away, we decided to walk. Bad idea. We were both stiffly marching with an uncomfortable silence that was as noticable as NaLu. About five minutes, Laxus finally started a conversation. We chatted pleasantly until we reached the town. When there, we explored the gardens, played some flower- themed games (pin the petals on the flower anyone?) and let me say, that town's restaurant had the best cake ever! It was so gorgeous! Moist, yet crumbly. I talked to the young female chef there, while Laxus pigged out. We exchanged recipes and phone numbers. Not only did I gain a friend at the festival, I also recieved a beautiful flower crown, and an adorable teddy bear with soft white petals outlining it's tan face from Laxus when he won a game (it was a weird game. It was like those games where you used a water gun to fill up a balloon, except you used the water gun to water the flowers). We were currently strolling through the stalls laughing about something he said. His arm was wrapped around my waist and I felt myself leaning on him. I could tell that he was trying to win my trust back, and I honestly didn't know what to do. I decided to trust him, because everyone deserved a second chance. But if he betrayed me again, there would be no third chance. 

"Ay, Mira. You there?" Laxus waved is hand in front of my face. I shook out of my daze and smiled at him. 

"I'm fine. "

"As I was saying, I think the parade is gonna start soon. " He gestured at the people starting to line the street edges. I nodded at him, and we walked to a nice spot near the front of the crowd. Soon loud pop music was heard, and the float came into view. It was.... stunning. Blossoms of all colors and size covered the entire flower-shaped parade. I heard a chuckle next to me. "Close your mouth!" Laxus laughed. I was gaping, and didn't notice it. I quickly shut my mouth and glared at him. He grinned at me, and turned my chin back to the festival. I gasped. Fireworks boomed and popped in every direction, showers of multicolored lights. "Woah....." I breathed, much to Laxus's amusement. I pulled a camera out of my bag and snapped a few pictures. Suddenly Laxus pulled me close to his chest. I flushed. "W-w-what are you-" Snap. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. What was that noi- oh. It was a camera. Laxus was talking a selfie. A selfie. Thhhhat's why he pulled me to his chest. I shoved him away and once again glared at him. He gave me a puzzled look, and it morphed into laughter as he managed to exclaim "You thought I was being romantic? Noob!" I was itching to beat his ass, but we were surrounded by other people, and I didn't want to bother their memories of this jaw-dropping festival. So I merely pinched his cheek and turned my attention back to the festival. Soon, parade, well, it paraded past us, and we decided to head back. While we were leaving, some kid jostled into me and I nearly fell on Laxus. The kid who pushed me apoligized, and left. Laxus growled at him, and and helped me up. I then realized, my flats ripped on a sharp rock on the ground. I cursed and held my head in my hands. Suddenly, I felt Laxus kneel down next to me. "What are you doing?" I mumbled. Those were my favorite shoes! And they were on sale! BeautyShoe shoes NEVER go on sale. NEVER. Laxus grunted. I glanced at him. "Get on. You can't walk barefoot." I stared in surprise. Before I could utter a protest, he had swooped me up onto his back. I stuttered and held on tightly as he sprinted back to Fiore. His back was so warm, and muscular. I hadn't realized I dozed off until he shook me awake. "What happened?" I mumbled. 

"You fell asleep, so I dropped you off at your house."

"Oh! Thank you. " I smiled at him, and he blushed a bit.

"I have to go." He muttered, turning away from me. As he sauntered away, I yelled "Thanks for inviting me, Laxus. I had a lot of fun!" He turned and smirked at me. "So, are we friends now?" He gruffly called. I nodded and another smile tugged at my lips. I went inside the house and watched him walk away from  my bedroom window. I really love him. I have to turn Freed down. I have to. But, even so, should I trust Laxus? I flopped on my bed. This is all too confusing. I'll figure it out tommorow, I yawned as I fell asleep. 

Author's Note

Hi! So I will probably end this in a couple chapters. But, it was really fun to write. See you next time!