Chapter One

Author's Note

Hi everyone!

I decided to do a Miraxus
story cuz there are almost NONE! And also, wtf is LaxusxCana? I really dislike that ship. Anyways, I apologize in advance for any grammatical~spelling errors! Enjoy!

Mira POV

Ahhh, just another day at Fairy Tail. Natsu and Gray killing each other, Levy reading some gigantic book, Erza eating her cak- OH MY MAVIS!! Natsu is SO dead!!!! Nevermind what I said about Erza eating her cake. She is now killing Natsu for stepping on her cake. I actually feel bad for him! She stepping on his face with her requipped high heels and- oh forget it. If you knew, you would probably start vomiting all over your computer! As I cringed and turned my head away from the bloodstains on the floor that was once a fire dragon slayer, my eyes met a certain lighting mage's gaze. Laxus. I quickly snapped my blushing face to the beer glass I was polishing. Dang, I wish I had the guts to confess my feelings to him. But, I'm so scared that he might reject me. Or worse, tell me that he has his eyes set on Cana, which is what the whole guild thinks. Knowing this, I may or may not have gave Cana spoiled beer. On more than one occasion. Don't judge me! I'm just another hopeless girl in love. Wait, if I'm like this, then, aren't I just like Juvia? Oh no, trust me, that girl is my friend, but she's so.. stalkerish... and- My thoughts were immediately interrupted by a small cough. Laxus? I glanced up hopefully, but was disappointed to see Freed. Covering my distressed expression, I shot him a small smile.

"Hey Freed! What's up?" I questioned, "Can I get you a drink?" Strangely after this my harmless statement, he started to blush and mumbled something.

"Freed? Sorry, I didn't catch that. What did you say?" I stared at the man curiously.

"Um, I just wanted to say that you, you look r-r-really p-pretty. I-I mean you always look pretty, but I just w-w-wanted you to know t-that, you know-" I blushed as I replied "Thanks, Freed. That means a lot to me." And I meant it. Freed was so kind, and I knew in my mind that I had a slight crush on him, not as bad as Laxus of course, but still. With that, he jogged away with a red face that would put Erza's hair to shame. I grinned and thought 'how sweet!'

During this encounter I could feel many eyes on me and Freed (most of them were the girls who rushed over to me and were bombarding me with questions and the occasional "I wish Gray-Sama would say that to Juvia!"). Ignoring the shrieking females surrounding me, I grinned excitedly, and threw a subtle glance at Laxus, hoping to see a jealous and angry dragon slayer. But no. In fact, I felt even worse after looking at him. He was laughing with Cana and holding her waist tightly to his body. I felt a tear slip out of my eye and the glass I was holding drop and shatter to the ground. The loud crash and the noise of the concerned women surrounding the bar woke me out of my daze, however, and I hastily started to clean up the mess, not noticing my bleeding fingers, because the only thing going through my mind was the picture of Laxus and Cana. After the glass was cleaned up, I stood up to be greeted by the concerned face of Freed.

"Are you okay? You're crying! Here, I brought some bandages" I let him clean up the cuts that the glass made, and noticed all the girls had moved to a corner with a great view of me and Freed, and were all chattering breathlessly.

"Thanks, again Freed." I mumbled. I dragged myself out of the guild and called out to Master that I was leaving. I could feel Freed's hot stare on back when I exited the building and turned to give him a small wave so he wouldn't be worried by me. After that, I sprinted to my house, sobbing. As soon as I entered my house, I heard a soft knock at the door. Oh no! Somebody must've followed me and saw me crying! I just hoped it wasn't Freed. I didn't have to worry about it being Laxus because he's probably with Cana now. I opened the door a crack and a slight smile pulled my lips.

"Hey Lucy." I opened the door fully and let her in.

"Hey. Are you okay? After the ghos- I mean, Natsu stole Erza's cake, she got a new one. I stole it from her (and barely survived) because I thought you might need some." She said kindly. I attempted a smile, and took the plate from her outstretched hands.

"Thanks. I never had a friend who would risk their life just to help comfort me." I tried to giggle, but all that came out was an akward hacking cough. Lucy sat down at our table and gently pushed me into the chair across her.

"What happened?" She asked seriously. I immediatly started to cry, and she hugged me across the table. As I wept, I could hear myself explaining the whole situation to her. How I liked Laxus, and sort of liked Freed, how Laxus probably liked Cana, and how I wanted to confess to Laxus, but was too afraid.

Lucy sighed, feeling my anguish. "Wow, Mira. This must really suck for you!" She rubbed my back. "But, I really think you should tell Laxus your feelings. He might not like Cana. He's probably just playing around. You know how he is. He might like you back! You have to at least try! Then you can sort out your feelings from there."

I thought about this a bit. "Yeah, I think you're right. Thank you for being such a good friend, Lucy. I'll always remember this! Do you need any help with your love life?"

She blushed. "Uh, don't worry, I got it in control, but thanks. I'm going to confess to Natsu tommorow, too. I've always liked him. I thought that maybe he and Lisanna were going out, because they were childhood friends, and she's so pretty and nice. But when I asked her, she told me they were only friends, and encouraged me to tell him my feelings! So we can pump ourselves up together." She grinned at me. I smiled back, a real smile. Lucy really was a good friend. But, that didn't change the fact that I was probably gonna get my heart broken tommorow.

Authors Note

First of all, sorry about the friendship moments between Mira and Lucy. It was probably pretty boring. Well, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! It took me like 5 hours, because most of the time I was just drooling over kpop guys (exo yas). Anyways, expect a new chapter soon!