Chapter Two

Author's Note!

Hello again! I think I should probably wait for more readers, but I really want to continue this story. Just a warning, this chapter is gonna be pretty cliche. You ALL know what's gonna happen. But don't be mad, please! Trust me, there are a bunch of crazy events coming soon! Again, I apoligize in advance for any grammatical~spelling issues!

At the guild, the next day~

Mirajane POV

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. 

"Mira, calm down! You look as if you are going to faint!" Came Lucy's worried statement.  "Because I am!" I cried out, "You don't have to confess to your crush!" Lucy glared at me. "Seriously, Mirajane? I thought we were in this together. You forgot that I was confessing to Natsu, too?" I shook my head shamefully. "Of course not!" I was about to apoligize, but was interrupted by a deep voice. (A/N Who could that be? Note the sarcasm) 

"Ay, Mira. Get me a beer. " Laxus growled. I sighed in annoyance and pursed my lips in disgust, but my cheeks flushed. Turning around, I slammed a beer on the counter, and glared at him. "Care to be a little more polite?" I muttered. "Nah, that's not my style," He shot me a half smile that showed his fangs. "Oh, and I heard that Freed told you that you were pretty. Are you guys going out?" After that, he snorted, which sent a wave of anger through me. How could I love this conceited bastard?I don't know, myself. "So what if we are? What's it matter to you if Freed and I are dating?" I hissed as I scowled at the huge man. His lips tightened. I'm going to do it. I'm going. To. Tell. Him. I chanted as I suddenly grabbed his arm, dragged him out of the guild, ignoring his yells and kicks. I swerved to a stop at the barn, the only place in Fairy Tail with some privacy. "What the hell, woman! What's your problem?" I stared at him and mumbled "... I l-l-like y-you, Laxus. I always have. And if you like Cana, I understand, just, please don't break my heart. "With each word, I got louder and louder, until I was yelling to the whole world for him not to 'break my heart'. After that, an akward silence hung in the air like one of Juvia's bad-mood rain clouds. I glanced up at him and he looked completely shocked and frozen. My heart silently shattered, and I struggled to let one of my tears fall. No, Mira, remember? You promised not to cry for him. I thought to myself, and remebered the vow I had took yesterday as I drifted off to sleep. Laxus shifted in front of me, and suddenly, his lips were on mine.  I stood, stunned for a second until I began to kiss him back, until he pulled away, breathless. "I like you too, Mira. " He muttered, a kawaii blush spreading across his face. I grinned and hugged him. "I'm going to be on a mission for a few days, though, but when I come back, I want a date with my beautiful girlfriend." He grinned and held my waist tight. I smiled up at him. Then a disturbing thought came to my mind. I gagged, overcome with naseau. I pushed the thought away, then looked up. Wait, where did he go? Ohhh, so apparantly when he said he was going a mission, he was actually leaving to go on a mission. That was a great goodbye to your girlfriend, I grumped as I shuffled back into the guild, where an excited Lucy awaited me, apparantly forgiving me from before. 

"OH MY MAVIS NATSU SAID HE LIKED ME BACK! HE ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT I MEANT (well after I explained it to him) , SO HE'S NOT THAT DENSE ANYMORE! EEEEEEEEK AND WHAT DID LAXUS SAY ARE YOU GUYS A COUPLE NOW WHERE IS HE IF HE REJECTED YOU I KILL HIM AND RIP OFF HIS LIMBS AND THROW THEM INTO A GARBAGE CAN!" Lucy squealed, throwing her arms around my neck with glee. After shaking off my proudnes- I mean horror, I giggled. "He said he liked me back! He actually did! And he's on a mission now." Lucy sighed in relief and dropped her- wait is that a machine gun? I didn't have time to question her.. err... toys, because she dragged me out of the guild so  "'we can talk more at my apartment! *squeal*"'.  Most of my worry went away with the happiness that I was finally a couple with the man I loved. Most of it. I still had lingering thoughts and questions about Cana. But I kept them to myself. Deciding to keep negative thoughts to myself, I thought about how Laxus would probably be at the guild tommorow (That guy finished missions FAST!), and dreamed  about all the romantic things he would probably do. I bet he would give me flowers, and chocolate, and love letters, and teddy bears, and BAM! Ouch! I had slammed into a pole. Lucy hadn't been watching me, so she hadn't remembered to move me to dodge objects while dragging me! "LUCYYYYYYY," I seethed, grabbing her face and slamming it into the pole. She passed out immediatly, and I felt bad, so I carried her into her apartment by the window, which was actually pretty convenient (I understand you Natsu!)! After that, she woke up, and we talked about our now boyfriends until sleep overcame us. Right before I drifted off to dreamland, I remembered Freed, and felt terrible. I was about to think about how to tell him that me and Laxus were together, but then I fell asleep.

Author's Note! 

Again, sorry for the suckish chapter... I will update tommorow and get to the good parts! (^_^) See you soon!