Chapter 36: Funny Truths

Start from the beginning

She's funny. Kinda reminds me of Dinah. Shit. The two would get along so well.

"Ahem." Someone's throat was cleared and we both looked to the source of sound.

Lauren and the rest of the girls were watching us. Some girls were giggling, the others just stared at us suspiciously. Lauren had on the same suspicious look, but she looked more...intense. There was another look on her face but I couldn't make out what it was. Jealously? Nah.. That's not it... I don't know anymore.

"Yo Captain! You guys done being lovey dovey? Cause otherwise we can start training." A girl called out.

Blair and I exchanged looks of confusion before we started laughing. "Shit. They don't think we're..." She bit back a laugh.

I nodded. "Yeah. They do." I chuckled.

She laughed a little and shook her head. "People nowadays with their bullshit assumptions man, I swear."

I hummed in agreement.

We both made our way towards the team now, still lightly laughing.

"Camila. You're here to assist me. Not to flirt with the girls, especially the team captain." Lauren said with a slight bite. My eyes widened. Uh...

"Follow me." She turned around. Holy shit I think she's mad at me. Why? I... I honestly don't know.

"Did I do something?" I whispered to her when we walked away.

She ignored me and I frowned. Why is she?.. Well. This fucking sucks.

I kept staring at her, trying to figure out her sudden mood change. I mean.. She was all over me in class, saying how 'we still have after school' and now she's all pissy towards me. I don't get it.

"Stop staring. Here." She handed me a few of the equipments that we'd be using today, all the while not looking at me and I frowned even more.

Why is she ignoring me? I have to talk to her after this. I swear women and their bipolar moods. It makes my head ache.

"Okay. Let's start." Lauren says, walking over to the team.

I frowned.

-----------

"Thanks girls that was great! Keep this up and we just might win this year." Lauren congratulated the team.

The girls all replied back  with 'thank you's' and other dumbass replies.

I watched as each girl walked out, the last to be Blair because she came over to where I was standing.

"Yo. Aren't you gonna leave?" She says to me and I roll my eyes playfully.
"Can't. Have to put the basketballs and shit back." I murmured out in a dreadful tone.

Blair chuckled and gave my back a pat. "Well good luck to you. I'll see you tomorrow." She stated, my small nod indicating that I was agreeing with her.

She waved before leaving the school gymnasium, leaving only Lauren and I alone.

My bag and keys were with me, but I think I'm gonna wait for Lauren to talk to me.

I waited for like..twenty seconds to see if she'd talk to me. She doesn't. Which irks the fuck outta me because like...why the heck is she angry at me for?

I sighed. I know I have to talk to her.

Walking towards her, my eyebrows raised when she turned her back to me, putting the cones together before putting them into a duffle bag.

"Lauren." I said, standing behind her.

She doesn't say anything, just continues ignoring me and my frown deepens.