At dawn we get up and head out over the mountains, traveling west.

I hold out my map on the saddle behind Legolas, blocking the wind from it with his body. "We should be nearing Rhudaur!" I say over the wind. "How many more stops must we make?"

"I am not sure," he replies.

I observe the paper and the ink markings, tracing them with my finger and thinking. "Soon we should start to see another mountain range ahead-"

"Vil."

"What?"

He doesn't answer so I look up and my jaw drops. We come about towards the tall mountains ahead, waterfalls gliding down the stone and into the river in the valley below, the sun glistening off the amazing architecture of open white towers and hallways built on the side of the mountains. The whole kingdom is mesmerizingly beautiful.

The designs of the twisted structures look so much like the ones in Lothlórien.

We glide over the castles and look for a place to land. I can see specks of civilians below that surprisingly don't flip out. Maybe they don't see us. We find a circular platform down in the settlement and Legolas makes Morier land slowly down on it. I pack away my map and wait for Legolas to hop off and then I do as well. My feet hit the smooth stone ground as my hand rests on the beast's neck.

Two tall guards in golden armor stand with shield and sword at the doorway. A man walks down the stone steps dressed in a royal robe of high status and a thin circlet on his head of dark hair. His appearance reminds me a little of Kel actually. When he sees Legolas he makes a face of recognition. But he is frightened by the large dragon in the courtyard.

"Lindir," Legolas says pleasantly, approaching the man.

"Prince Legolas," the man repeats with a polite slight bow.

Lindir eyes the creature again.

"Don't worry he's harmless," I say walking up to him.

He nods but I can tell he doesn't believe me.

"May we speak to your lord?" Legolas asks.

"Of course." He nods to his men and they nervously lead my beast through a different doorway of the outside courtyard. "We will take your belongings to your rooms you may rest in while here."

"Thank you," I say with a smile.

He nods gracefully. "This way." He turns and walks up the steps. Legolas and I follow him to the palace balcony platforms that are just outside floors with roofs and pillars holding them up. They are circular as well. And leaves from the trees outside have blown in from the gentle wind.

Bright light kisses the white wooden archways and makes patterns on the stone from dodging between silver branches and leaves of pale colors.

This elven kingdom is very different from Mirkwood, so much craftsmanship and beautiful carvings and artwork all in the architecture. This place seems like more of a dream. Tall beings in white and silver robes and gowns walk about angelically. All of them have dark hair unlike the Woodland Realm and Lórien occupants.

But we are at almost the highest point of the city. And we stand on an open platform that is perhaps used for the view or for meditation.

Just then Lindir stops and I look around at the magnificent sight of the beautiful valley below and the MistyMountains just ahead.

"I have been expecting you two," I hear a voice say behind us and I turn around. The man who enters the "room" wears a dark wine colored robe that's beautifully sewn. And he wears a silver diadem on his head of long, dark hair. His face and brown eyes are wise and have seen many years. He walks gracefully with a smile almost on his lips. Immediately I feel intimidated and nervous at his presence. He must be the ruler of this district.