Chapter 6 ~ Barbara Kean

Start from the beginning

"No, he hasn't."

"But he will though, won't he?" Barbra asked "you can feel it coming."

"I mean come on look at you, you're gorgeous and smart. Of course he loves you."

"Do you love him?"

"Barbara. Tell me what happened." Lee said looking her in the eyes.

     Oddly enough as I sipped my tea I started to feel tired, I didn't even notice Barbara get up and continue talking. My eyes started to droop, as I tried to stay awake for Barbara.

Suddenly I could hear Barbara say "I stabbed them, several times." I saw her slowly reach for a knife as Lee looked to her shocked "and then I slit their throats"

"B-Barbara?" I asked gripping onto the side of the table "what was in that tea?"

Suddenly Lee tried to leave, Barbara jumped in front of her. I tried to get up but as soon as I stood, I fell back down.

     My eyes focused in and out of the scene before me, I tried so hard to get back up but my body felt like lead, everything was becoming fuzzy and I couldn't control it.

"You uncomfortable" I looked up at Barbara asking Lee that being the last think I saw before I blacked out.

~~~

     I woke up and looked around, noticing I was in the interaction room in the GCPD, when I was last in here it was the day I found out my boyfriend was a mommy killer. Though that hardly bothered me now, I was a killer too. I really missed my ginger.. I feel like my sanity's has been getting worse and worse, but I didn't completely hate it because the more it slipped away the more missing my parents hurt less, and it hurts a lot.

     I tried to get up but noticed I was cuffed to the chair, I looked at the hand cuffs confused and then looked up when Jim Gordon walked into the room a hard look on his face.

"Jimmy? What's going on?" I asked my voice raspy from being drugged, I'm so gonna get Barbara back for that "why am I in hand cuffs"

"Carmen Wayne, you're here for the brutal murder of Harold Bentley." He stated, sitting on the other side of the table.

"Who? What do you mean? I didn't kill anyone please you have to let me go" I pleaded wiggling my hands in the restraints.

"Cut the crap." Harvey said as he walked in, joining Jim's side. "We know you killed that poor man in the alleyway your parents where murdered in."

I gasped they where talking about the bar boy not a man "I killed no one." I glared at him "most certainly not in the same place my parents died."

"Carmen we have samples of your hair at the crime scene, and fingerprints." Jim said less mean unlike Harvey over there.

I gritted my teeth, shit. They found me out, but I wasn't going down with at least trying to trick them. I had to do anything I can not to go to arkham, I need to be there for Bruce I'm his only family and he's mine.

I put on a confused face "that's probably because I go there to see my parents photos and all the nice things people put there" I said frowning "why would I go there and kill someone?"

Jim turned towards harvey and then to me. "Your DNA was found all over him not on the flowers or photo."

I looked down and just decided to give up, it was only self defense after all. "Fine.."

"I went out with Barbra that night.. I needed a girls night and we ended up meeting the Ogre together. I went to the bar to give them some alone time and the bartender was flirting with me, he gave me a drink on the house and said I had to go into the bar area to get it.. so I did, I didn't realize he wanted something more out of it and when he made a move I left to find Barbra but she left with the Ogre" I took a deep breath and clenched my shaky hands "I left the bar to go home and ended up in the alleyway, I saw all the beautiful things that were there for them and I cried." I glared harshly at the ground as tears filled my eyes "then that poor man. Came up behind me and held a knife to my throat, he tried to take advantage of me! said I wasn't the only one he's done this to and I tried to get away b-but he kept trying" I looked up at them my eyes pleading "I didn't mean to kill him! it was self defense, please I need to be here for my brother."

It went silent through the room Jim and Harvey gave my shocked and pitiful looks.

"Carmen..." Jim began "you stabbed him over 100 times. We wouldn't have been able to find out who he was if it weren't for his DNA."

"N-no I couldn't have.." I said shocked my body shaking.

"You will be sent to Arkham Asylum where you will be helped, go for Bruce." Jim said placing a gentle hand on my arm, making me jump.

I nodded crying more "t-tell Bruce and Alfred I'm s-so sorry, I love them so much"

He nodded solemnly and with that him and Harvey left, people who I guess where from the asylum came in and took me away. Putting me in the same one Jerome was in when I watched him get taken.