XVI : Finding Paper

'A peek won't hurt right...?' Tsukishima finally decided. Taking the paper into his hands, Tsukishima slowly unfolded the little pain-in-the-ass. The blonde's eyebrows scrunched up, in mild shock and confusion. "This is.."

Knock knock

"Kei?" His mother's voice called out from the other side of the door. Giving the paper one last glance, Tsukishima stood up and placed it inside his wallet.

'That girl.. She's.. No, that can't be. What does she need it for?' He wondered as he walked towards the door of his room.

"Yeah?"

.~*~.~*~.

"I-I-I, Chi! Where, where, where?!" Aino panicked as she checked every single pocket of her clothes but found nothing except for candy wrappers and a few coins.

On the other side of the line, Aino heard Chihiro let out an irritated sigh. 'Oh crap!' Gulping the milk inside her mouth, the blackenette braced herself for her best friend's wrath.

"Listen here you..." Aino was sure that Chihiro was holding back from calling her something that would take away her will to live. She heard Chihiro sigh once more, to calm herself down. "Your fucking idiocy would be the death of yours someday. This is the last, I repeat, last time this is going to happen. And I hope you know that drugstores don't sell antibiotics without a fucking prescription. Find that prescription, or else..." Chihiro replied coldly before hanging up.

"That was.. Less harsh than I expected.." The ebony-haired girl mumbled, thinking of the times Chihiro became really brutal. Being Chihiro's best friend for 3 years made it easy to identify her moods. As harsh as the red-head was, Aino never really minded her friend's bluntness. The ravenette knew that Chihiro wasn't mad at her, just a tad bit concerned. If she tolerated Aino, the girl would just keep on repeating the same mistakes.

After she finished her milk, she washed the glass then proceeded upstairs to her room. Loud snores could be heard as she passed by his brother's closed door. She was tempted to enter the room and shove an apple inside his wide mouth, but decided against it. Considering the number of practice matches they played earlier plus the stress of missing their train, she was sure that Kuroo was pretty worn out.

Opening the door to her own room, Aino put down her gym bag, plopped down beside it, and grimaced. As she opened her bag, her grimace continued to widen. Tadah! Before her were her sweaty shirts, unfolded hoodies, dirty socks, and a pair of volleyball shoes, all mixed together. Oh, did I mention the smell they emitted?

'When was the last time I cleaned this bag?' Aino asked in her mind as her nose scrunched from the smell. Closing her eyes, she mumbled to herself, "Why does this have to happen to me?"

With one last exasperated sigh, the blackenette began her work.

.~*~.~*~.

After an hour of separating this from that and looking for her prescription inside the gym bag, Aino finally finished. Without finding the prescription, of course.

"Fuck," she said, lying on the floor like a starfish. "Just where the hell did I put it?"

Finally, she stood up from the floor and stretched her body. Playing volleyball for a single set, walking to the shopping center and getting lost (not to mention her encounter with a certain string bean), and sitting for an entire hour looking for a damn paper tired her out pretty well just like her brother. She jumped on her bed and gazed at the window.