VIII : Wild

Warning: This chapter is shitty bc i'm not feeling well lolololol.

The game was going pretty well so far; just Inouka chasing Shoyo and such. The ball was currently on Karasuno's court.

Karasuno's Number 5 received the volleyball but it was too short. Their libero waited for the ball to go to him. Then something unexpected made Aino raise her thin eyebrows -- Karasuno's setter called for a toss.

The libero passed the ball to Number 9, "Kageyama! Last hit's yours!" He shouted.

Kageyama jumped and hit the ball straight, avoiding all the blockers.

Startled expressions spread throughout most Karasuno members, some exclaiming about Kageyama being way too talented.

"Wow! Karasuno High School's setter is amazing!" Shibayama exclaimed to Coach Nekomata.

"Yup," the coach responded before glancing at Aino.

The two sweatdropped as they saw the black-haired girl pulling her hair in frustration. "He's even good at spiking! While I-I don't even know how to!" She shouted in exasperation. "Dammit, dammit, he's pissing me off."

Nekomata sighed inwardly. 'She's actually laid-back but when it comes to her brother's teasing or someone who is just as talented or more talented than her, she loses her cool. It's pretty rare for her to see someone who's as talented as her too..' He thought, staring at the pissed off girl. 'I hope she won't do anything too r--'

"I'm gonna kill you, Mr. Perfect!" The raging girl was about to run and pounce on the setter if Coach Naoi did not hold her collar. She looked like a predator ready to attack its prey.

The Karasuno players turned to her with odd looks.

Number 11, the tall blonde, raised an eyebrow and huffed at her appearance. "Wild," he snickered.

"Hey! I heard that, you bean pole!" Aino shouted, struggling to get away from Naoi.

Kuroo turned to her. "Oi, behave. You're causing a scene," he said, glimpsing at the referee.

"I'm not a dog!" She retorted.

"Then stop acting like one."

Aino let out an irritated sigh before returning to her seat and crossing her arms like a kid. "Dick," she muttered.

"Still, Kozume-san is amazing too, even if he's not showy like that," Shibayama said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Mhm, since he's bad with people, he worries over others' opinions, and so he watches them closely. Kozume is skilled at reading others. He predicts things like 'so-and-so is such-and-such type, so he'll definitely move like this'." Nekomata said before grinning creepily. "But.. That is not the core of our strength."

The blackenette nodded in agreement, forgetting about her little fuss with the salty bean pole for a moment. She grew up with Kuroo and Kenma, and Kenma was the one who taught her how to play. He may not shine as bright as other players nor does he show any special talent, he is actually skilled especially when it come to analyzing. He's strong.

Aino sat there, her chin resting on her hand when she felt something weird again -- like something -- no, more like someone was watching her. She has been feeling this for a while now, ever since the match started to be exact. However, this time, she felt like the gaze is stronger now -- like this someone got mad after her outburst about Kageyama. She was hesitant to look at the other side of the court at the moment in fear to meet Number 11's eyes again. 'Dammit what the hell.. Aino, don't be a coward.'