III : I'm Sorry

The gym doors slammed open, making Kuroo and his teammates turn around. The volleyball Kenma was about to serve fell and bounced on his head.

"Pardon the intrusion!" Kuroo Aino shouted, grinning at the shocked looks of the players.

Although the blackenette always visits the gymnasium, the team still can't get used to Aino's habit of barging inside without permission. Man, if she keeps on doing that, they'll get a heart attack someday.

Coach Naoi sighed while Coach Nekomata smiled and welcomed Aino.

"Aino-chan! Come here, come here," he greeted.

"Neko-jii!" She grinned wider and ran to the old coach. Nekomata ruffled her hair causing her to laugh softly. The team sweatdropped as flowers bloomed around the two.

"I swear that old man has feelings for my sister," Kuroo said. Kenma frowned, imagining his old best friend holding hands with their coach. "Gross," he commented.

"AINO-CHANNNNNN!!" Taketora's voice echoed all throughout the gym. He jumped at the girl to hug her.

The black-haired teen just dodged in time to avoid the loud boy.

"Okay! Okay! Let's resume the practice," Yaku adjured as he dragged the crying Yamamoto.

"Lemme join, lemme join," Aino said.

"Oooh, Aino's playing with us!" Inouka shouted excitedly.

"Shorty-chan, shorty-chan, where's Chihiro?" Lev asked.

'Ah.. There he goes again..' The team thought.

"Oi," Aino said intimidatingly, dark aura surrounding her. "I told you to stop calling me that you Mr. Who-does-not-even-know-how-the-basics-tall-ass skyscraper. And to answer your question, Chihiro is absent."

"But you're really short Aino-chan!" Lev said bluntly. "You don't even reach my chest."

The team can literally hear Aino pop a vein. "You--" she started, about to run and give the tall boy a good beating but was stopped by Nekoma's one and only momma.

"Oi, I told you to practice, right?" Yaku said, giving off an even more intimidating aura.

"Yes, mom!" Lev and Aino said in unison.

The black-haired girl took off her Nekoma jacket and folded her red jogging pants up to her knees.

She ran beside Yaku and Shibayama, who were on the receiving line. The rest of the team stood on the other side of the court, preparing themselves to take turns to do serves by three's.

Coach Naoi blew his whistle; the opposite side began to do serves.

Aino, Yaku, and Shibayama received the serves, not missing a single ball. This went on and on until they switched roles. Of course, Yaku and Shibayama, being liberos, remained on the receiving side.

The ebony-haired girl walked to the other side, carrying a volleyball. She dribbled it twice before throwing it with her left hand. She jogged to the front slowly before jumping with all her might, her back arching.

All eyes were on her; everyone had the same thought. 'Aino's jump serve.'

She smashed the ball hard, making the ball soar across the other side of the court at a high speed.