XIII : Dino

"Are you fucking kidding me?" The raven-haired girl questioned her brother.

"Nope," he responded, popping the 'p' as he flipped the fried rice in the pan.

[A/N: What do you call that? You know, the thingy that chefs do, like he shakes the pan then the food goes to the air. Anyways, just imagine that that's the thingy Kuroo's doing.]

She glanced at the team, who were all slumped on their tables, clearly worn out after the tiring matches.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. We are out of chopsticks and the spoons are locked inside a cabinet?" She asked.

"Yeah, pretty much."

The ravenette rubbed her face in frustration. "Why did this trip end up as a disaster?" The black-haired boy just rolled his eyes at his sister and continued cooking.

Aino leaned back at the counter. "We passed by a convenience store on our way here."

Kuroo raised his eyebrows but his eyes were still focused on his cooking. "So?" He asked. 'This is going according to my plan hehe.'

"I could buy chopsticks there," she rolled her eyes.

"You will?"

Aino pouted slightly and nodded irritatedly. "Yeah, it's a bit near so...."

'I know she has a good heart despite that attitude of hers. I raised her well,' Tetsurou sobbed mentally.

"Are you going to be fine on your own?" Yaku joined in, who was cooking beside Kuroo.

"Yeah, like I said, it's near here. And everybody else is tired."

Kuroo looked at her with a hint of worry, though he hid it well. He sighed, throwing his wallet at her.

The ebony-haired girl caught it with ease. "Acting like the father of the team again huh?" She snorted.

Kuroo glared at her. "Go now before it gets darker," he said, making playful shooing gestures.

"Hey, are you sure?" Yaku asked again.

Aino smirked and raised her fist. "Mori-senpai, this fist--"

"Whatever, just take care," he interrupted before she could say one of those long lines from some anime.

.~*~.~*~.

'Can't this day get any better?' She thought.

Why? Well, in front of her was a huge sign in bold red letters saying "CLOSED EARLY DUE TO EMERGENCY REASONS" hanging on the convenience store's door.

"What am I going to do now?" She muttered, pulling her hair in frustration.

"Oh, are you new here? I haven't seen you before," a voice spoke behind her.

She turned around to see an old lady. "Ah.. Yeah,*" Aino answered, playing with the hem of her hoodie awkwardly. "Do you own the store, obaasan?"

[*hehe u get dat? wink wink]

"Ah, no," the old woman waved her hand dismissively. "I know the owner, but they closed early because the owner has business to attend to."