VII : Karasuno

"We are the body's blood. Flow smoothly and circulate oxygen so the 'brain' functions normally." Kuroo Tetsurou gave his usual speech to his teammates.

"Let's do this!" He shouted.

"OSU!!"

Aino watched as Kenma complained about Tetsurou's speech.

"What's wrong with it? It sets the mood, doesn't it?" Yamamoto said energetically.

"It's like a reminder of ourselves," Kai spoke.

"And there you have it. Come on let's go," Kuroo said, sending the frowning Kenma a grin.

Nekoma High School : Starting Line-up
Kozume - Fukunaga - Kuroo (Yaku)
Inouka - Yamamoto - Kai

The game started with Kenma's serve; Karasuno's number 3 received it but it was a bit short.

"Kageyama, cover!" Number 3 said.

And then the next things happened in a blink of an eye. Karasuno's number 10 closed his eyes and jumped high, even higher than Aino's jump when she serves. At the same time, Karasuno's number 9, the so-called Kageyma, tossed the ball to him. Number 10 hit the ball before anyone from Nekoma could react.

Aino's mouth hanged open. She has never scene a spike like that, and that toss.. It's just like... She looked at the reactions of the other Nekoma players -- they all have the same expression.

"What the heck was that?!" Nekomata voiced out Aino's thoughts.

'That's so amazing for someone who is just about as tall as me. Kenma's friend sure got some tricks under his sleeves, eh?' the blackenette thought, her eyes wide. 'And their setter.. He's a monster.. That toss...'

Finally, Aino closed her eyes, trying to relax as Number 5 the baldy of Karasuno served the ball.

'You're not the only one who has a surprise,' Aino said in her mind, her feline eyes opening and landing on Kenma.

Yamamoto spiked, but Karasuno's libero received it. Number 10 jumped once again.

'Another one,' Aino thought. The ball landed on the tips of Number 9's fingers. 'Wait no, it's not for Number 10,' she thought to herself as she watched the setter's fingers.

The ball went to Number 3, who spiked the ball hard.

Coach Nekomata laughed. "Incredible... Even though they shouldn't have been able to return the ball just now, we couldn't do a thing to stop it."

"You've got a good libero and spiker, Karasuno! But what's most unexpected is.. probably the setter?" He commented, glancing at Aino for her opinion, but he was just met by her gloomy aura.

Aino has her hands clasped together in front of her face with a dark expression. "Man.. his tosses.. They're accurate.. Fucking accurate.. And the way he positions himself.. It's damn perfect.." The girl kept on muttering unconsciously (like Midoriya Izuku of Boku no Hero Academia).

Nekomata just laughed at her. She's a setter so she would obviously be more shocked than the others about Number 9's talent.

Aino reverted back to her normal self and watched the court with her cat-like eyes.

'Their libero is now out and.. Wahh! It's the four-eyed pole stick! Pole stick is now in. I wonder what special talent he has.. hmm..' Aino thought to herself. 'But the events earlier! What if he thought that I was checking him out?! What if he thinks that I-I-I like him?! Chihiro said that boys think that girls like them when they blush!' Aino's face suddenly exploded into a bright shade of red, making Nekomata glance at her. 'NO WAYYYYYY! I'm not interested in that string bean!'

"Hide me!" She said, one hand hiding her face while the other one was gripping Coach Nekomata's jacket.

Nekomata and Naoi just looked at her, puzzled by her actions.

Aino peeked from the spaces between her fingers. The tall blondie was now spiking the ball as Fukunaga tried to block it. It turned out to be a feint, making Fukunaga unable to block the ball and for Yamamoto to receive.

The girl clicked her tongue but deep inside, she knows that Nekoma's 'brain' has a plan. She glanced at Karasuno's court. 'It's tall shit's turn to serve.'

She watched him silently, observing his moves when all of a sudden, he caught her eye. They stared at each other until the referee blew his whistle, signaling the tall blonde to serve.

The raven-haired girl's face suddenly got caught in flames, finally realizing that she had been staring at the tall blonde. If it wasn't for the referee's whistle, she wouldn't notice that she was having a staring contest with Karasuno's blonde string bean.

"DAMMIT!" She cussed quietly, slapping herself. This made the two coaches glance at her worriedly.

"You've been acting weird today, Aino. Are you okay?" Coach Naoi asked.

"Y-yes I'm fine," she answered, her voice being muffled by the hands covering her face.

'That string bean might get the wrong idea!' Aino whined inwardly. 'Boys can be so full of themselves sometimes!'

Without knowing, the team was already surrounding the coached and Aino.

Aino looked up from her hands, confused. "Umm, is the match over already??" She asked dumbly.

Kuroo eyed her with a weird face. "Hah? Weren't you watching the game? Coach called for a time-out," he replied before flicking his sister's forehead.

"Ow!" She shouted, rubbing her forehead. Looking down, she mumbled, "Sorry, I was spacing out for a bit..."

Aino listened as Coach Nekomata continued to discuss about Karasuno's skills. She agreed at his statement saying that Karasuno's setter is a monster.

"He has an incredibly fast toss sent to the highest point of the spikers' swing," he said. "That level of control is so precise it's like threading a needle."

"It's not a toss that can go to just anyone," Aino started, standing up from the chair. Though she's not focusing on the whole game, she was fascinated by Number 9's tosses (she would never admit that). "It only works with a spiker who jumps with absolute trust in it."

"Nothing we can do about it," Coach Nekomata continued. "Geniuses are beyond our control, but a genius can't win at all if he has that rapport with only one person."

"Shoyo is the pivot of the attack... so we just have to stop him..." Kenma said in his usual silent voice.

Kenma began to discuss his plan in order to take down Karasuno's Number 10, Shoyo.

"Their Number 9 and Number 10 are just like the oni and the kanabo. First of all, we'll take away..." Coach Nekomata said. "..the oni's 'kanabo'."

They all nodded in understanding.

Just after that, the time-out finished.

"Let's go," Kuroo said. The team handed back the water bottles they were drinking from to Aino before walking off to the court.

After returning the bottles to their container, Aino sat back beside the coaches.

Yawning, the black-haired girl mumbled to herself. "Man, this is going to be a looong game."

.~*~.~*~.

151 reads omg ;-; thank you so much guys ;-;;;

Edit: 161 READS OMG GUYS AND #25 IN THE TAG 'tsukishimakei' DUHEJAWJHSJS TYSM GUISSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ILyyy