VI : Just a Crush

"Holy shit!" Chihiro repeated, her usual calm voice was replaced with an excited one.

"What am I going to do?!" Aino shouted, blushing like mad. She is damn inexperienced when it comes to romance.

"Answer it, dumbass. I'll hang up now, good luck," Chihiro said.

"Hey--" Aino was answered by a long beeeep indicating that Chihiro hung up on her.

"That little shit..." Aino cursed silently, though she was fangirling inside.

The continuous ringing of her phone snapped her back to reality. The ravenette took a deep breath before answering the phone call.

"Hello?" She said.

"Aino-san," Akaashi's cool voice said over the phone.

Aino met Akaashi last year during the joint training camp of Nekoma, Fukurodani, Shinzen, and Ubugawa High School when Nekoma's girl's team came with them. The moment she laid her eyes on him, she knew that she would be attracted to this guy.

She's just a first-year right? How come she was with them? You ask. It will be explained in the later chapters.

During the training camp, Aino hung around Akaashi most of the time. He would complain about Bokuto while she would complain about Tetsurou. They enjoyed each other's company since they really understand each other.

At first, Akaashi also called her 'Kuroo-san' but she insisted to call her Aino instead so he won't be confused when Tetsurou is around. In return, Aino can also call Akaashi by his first name.

"Keiji-san! Hello," Aino said, trying to hide her excitement.

"Good evening, I just want to check on you," Akaashi said. Why does it seem like this conversation is going the same way as Aino and Chihiro's?

"O-Oh," Aino mentally slapped herself for stuttering, blushing even more.

"We had a practice match earlier near Nekoma," he said. "I thought I should pay you a visit but you weren't answering your phone."

Aino's beautiful hazel brown eyes widened. Her crush wanted to visit her but she wasn't answering her phone. No, no, it's impossible. It's too good to be true.

'Is this a dream? Fuck no no, it can't be a dream. Well it can't be real too! Why didn't I receive any of his calls? Is Miyagi out of reach? Maybe--' her thoughts were interrupted by Akaashi's voice.

"Aino-san? Are you still there?" Akaashi called out.

"Ah, y-yes Keiji-san. Um, did I hear you correctly? You were planning to visit me?" She asked. Maybe there is hope for her!

"You and Kuroo-san, so partly yes. Bokuto-san also wants to see Kuroo-san," Aino can feel her hopes crumbling down, her wide smile faltering. There was no hope afterall.

'I'm so dumb to keep my hopes up haha,' she thought to herself. 'Of course he doesn't like me. It's just my brother, he just wants to visit my brother for Bokuto. What is this feeling? Am I disappointed?' She asked herself mentally.

'Why am I.. crying??' She wiped the tears that were falling down her cheeks. 'What the hell?'

"Tetsurou and I are at Miyagi right now for a training camp," she explained with fake cheerfulness, thankful that she managed to talk without stuttering.