Chapter 37

Ayesha's POV

I spent the whole night with with Ani. She said that it didn't matter to her anymore but after we went to sleep, she was crying silently. Although I could hear her but I didn't try to stop her. Sometimes crying helps alot in forgetting something that pained you. 

 The next morning my mom asked me about the unexpected guest but I had to lie to her. I told her it was one of the neighbour. While we were having breakfast, Ani told us that she was gonna go to her university today. She was on a leave for a month but she is resuming her studies. My mom was very happy on her decision but it seemed weird to me. Seemed like someone forced her. Nah, maybe it's my imagination. 

Ani's POV

Going to the university again wasn't my decision. It was my brother's Harris. He thinks I am wasting my time again. It would be best for me to go back to Pakistan if I don't wanna continue my studies here. I didn't want that. I have a life here now and designing is my passion. Now that I am studying in one of the best art university, letting go of this opportunity would make me a fool. I convinced my brother yesterday. 

He was satisfied. Harris is coming to get me soon. I leave my half finished breakfast and run towards my room. I put on my a simple kamize and cover my head with a scarf of the same colour. 

With that I went downstairs and was greeted by Harris. He came early. My mom asked his reason of coming and he simply told her that he was here to get me. Ayesha seemed confused and depressed at the same time. Only one thing was written on her face. "What's going on?" 

In a while, I was with Harris in a taxi. Harris didn't own a car ofcourse. He was still studying. There was dead silence between us. Harris didn't know what was doing on but he did know that it was zayn's fault. That's why he never ever mentioned him and his family anymore. The driver turned on the radio breaking the silence. Little things bursted in the speakers. I held my gasp back as soon as I heard it. 

As soon as the song ended, a DJ spoke up," Well that was Little Things by One direction. Usually I hate there shitty music but this song really gets to me. While we are talking about the boyband, let's talk about what's happing right now with them. Zayn Malik, has gone from bad to worse. His band mates are desperately trying to get him back to track before he does something stupid." He already have, I thought. "Well it's getting pretty bad since the paz has got photos of him drunk and____" Harris patted the driver's shoulder and angrily told him to shut it off. 

"Bhai, kya hoya? (Bro, What happened?) " I questioned him. "Kuch nahi.......Bus(Nothing........)" He answered back not even looking at me. " Please don't be angry on what happened. " 

"Angry?......... Ani, I am not angry at you or anyone else. I just didn't want this to happen with you." He said, turning towards me. He gently patted my head. "Harris, nothing happened to me........See I am fine." I told him grabbing his hand. "Then why haven't you smiled?" I was taken back. A tear escaped my eye. My brother quickly cleaned it with his thumb. 

I forced a smile on my face. His eyes glowed with happiness. Harris smiled with me. 

"Get out..." The driver screamed and we realized we were infront of my university. I laughed and got out. 

The procedure to get me going in university was simple. I was welcomed by Miss Madeline. She was really surprised and annoyed to see me. Although it felt weird but when I realized that she is always like this, I didn't feel weird at all.  

She took me to my class and there I met my friends who were actually worried for me, Mahrukh cried the most. She was the first friend I had made in my class. Most of the student felt jealous of my presence. And why wouldn't they? I had Zayn Malik in my arms weeks ago and my handsome brother is standing beside the teacher infront of them. Most of them mistaken him as my boyfriend. After the principal called us to her office, I said goodbye to everyone even the ones who felt jealous.