Chapter 33

Ani's POV

Knock Knock

Someone knocked at my door. Maybe its Doniya. I quickly cleaned my tears because I didn't want her to see me like this.

"Come in...." I said, fixing my duppatta. I looked up towards the door and saw Zayn coming in. Z-Zayn.......What was he doing here? Ignoring his worried face, I got up from the bed making my way towards the exit but before I could, Zayn grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going?" He plainly asked not letting go. "Downstairs." I answered back.

"Can't you stay?" My heartbeat skipped. How I wanted to spend more time with him but...........I couldn't. I needed to get away from him. It was for the best. "No Zayn......I have to go." I pulled my hand out of his grip and walked towards the door. As I continued walking away, Zayn yelled.

"Then go........Go away, Aleena." Zayn screamed out in anger. I stopped and look back at him. He had his grim face on, it scared me the most. I tried to hold back my tear but they escaped out from my eyes.

"Zayn....What ar____" Before I could get a explanation from him, he signaled me to stop. "That's what you want.......Don't you Ani?" Zayn questioned me stepping away. He forced his hands in his pocket and removed his gaze from me towards his feet. I stepped towards him."Zayn tum Kya ka rahay ho? (What are you saying?)"

"Khuch bhi nahi..........Bus tumhay wo bata raha hoa jo tum suna chathi ho (Nothing.........I'm telling you what you want to hear)" Zayn shouted making me frightened and angry at the same time. That not what I wanted to hear. I don't want him to let me go. Or do I?

NO...

"That's not what I want to hear, you know." I mumbled under my breath while drying my tears.

"That's exactly what you want........I know that now." Zayn hesitantly told me. "No.........I wanted you to say that you love me cuz I love you. I can't see you acting or lying just because of me......That's unfair." I paused examining his reaction. He kept his gaze down. " I thought I should just leave you alone. Maybe if I wasn't around, you wouldn't have to lie in front of your fans.......That what I thought. But I was wrong...........You really want me gone."

Zayn was left dumb fold. Guilt was written all over his face. "Ani......I didn't_" This time I stopped him. "You know Zayn............Your lucky charm didn't work. It made matters worse........I hate it." The chain and the ring that Zayn gave me. It was still around my neck. I unlocked it and threw it hard on the floor. Zayn bended down on his knees and picked it up.

"Get out...." I said. "Get out.." I screamed forcefully. Without saying a word, Zayn stormed out of my room. As soon as he went out, I locked the doors and sat on my bed.

A few tears streamed out but I cleaned them before they could even reach my cheeks. I had decided. I wasn't staying here. I wasn't staying in Zayn's house.

AFTER A WHILE

My luggage was packed. All I had to do was to inform my family. I dialed my mom's number. "Hello beta.....Kaise ho? (How are you?)" Mama's voice cheered me up. Kinda. "I am fine. A lot happened you know..." I told her n a cracked voice. "What happened, dear? I don't know anything....." She asked me clearly concerned about me. I told he the whole story except the part with Zayn being mine. She calmed me down because she knew how sad I was.

"Ab tum kasi ho? (How r u now?)" "Good...."

"I wanted to ask you something."

"Ask me anything, Ani...."

"Can I stay in Ayesha's house now?" She was taken back but that's what I had decided.