Instant Cassaroles Are Lazy, You Could've Done So Much Better

Start from the beginning

"Hey, I haven't been so aggressive since we got out of school, lay off-"

"That's an outright lie, and you know it." Bakugou shut his mouth. It was.

"Look, I don't know what's wrong, but... it happened like, five months since then." Bakugou turned back to his food, trying to block out Tsuyu. "It's been a long time so... don't you think it's time to move on?"

Bakugou paused his furious bites at his food, and stared at the wall again.

Get over it.

That's what I've been trying to do, right?

It'd been five months, Tsuyu was right. Let it go.

But...

He remembered a certain conversation that had played out just like this.

"It's been six months, Katuski. He's dead."

A hand on my shoulder.

"Let it go. He can't rest if you don't."

His fork had a small drop of water on it.

'Don't you get it?" Bakugou looked up at Tsuyu, face an unreadable mask. "I've been trying to do that all my life." Tsuyu broke his gaze, and looked away. "And it's... it's never worked."

She didn't respond, so he kept going.

"And I thought that I finally might get some closure... but I was wrong." He looked away as well, back at the chipped plaster wall that needed repainting, but he couldn't find the effort within himself to do so. "It was a mistake."

Tsuyu looked back at him.

"I don't think so."

Bakugou looked back at her, through slanted, suspicious eyes. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you. Being a mistake. You're not." He turned towards her, and scoffed. 

"Enlighten me."

"Well, you're a great hero. You've saved so many people. And people here really care about you." She sighs through her nose. "Even if you reject them, they still do."

Bakugou crosses his arms defensively. "I-"

'And you were one of the coolest kids at UA, everyone liked you. The upperclassmen as well, remember when Tamaki asked you for advice?"