CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Diddi is sitting down in her Goggo's room holding a book titled how Europe underdeveloped Africa. she found it behind one small shelve in her uncles library when she went to dust and rearrange it yesterday.

She started reading it but got bored from the first five pages. She thought its going to be interesting from the way one of her lecturer was explaining it to them in class. How some people can make boring things interesting.

She started flipping pages thinking of what to do to save herself from this boredom that wants to make her sick when her phone starts ringing saving her from the torture. "Adda Kulu you remembered your lil sis today kenan. Good afternoon" she greeted her cousin, Goggo's third child whose real name is Hauwa.

"Since you don't call me anymore I decided to call you. I know you did not even plan to come to my house before you go back to school and you'll soon resume".

"When will you come to my house Diddi?"she asked her little sister.

Adda Kulu is Diddi's favorite sister. She doesn't even see her as a cousin, she's more of a sister and mother to her.

"Ohhh Adda you are making me feel bad wallahi. In fact mi semtinte jango jango do ni in shaa Allah mi waran(I will prove you wrong I'll be coming tomorrow). Cook semo and egusi soup for me please. Thank you" she said laughing.

"See this shameless girl. Don't come and cook for yourself wait for me a nani ko(you hear)". Diddi laughed "no problem Adda manga(big sis) regards to my children. They talked for few more seconds and decided to end the call since they'll meet tomorrow in shaa Allah.

"Be moi a voldata bingel am(my child)?" came her Goggo's voice.

"Adda kulu on. She said I don't like going to her house anymore so I told her I'll go tomorrow and spend the weekend with them". Goggo smiled "its true. I noticed it too. You don't like going out now unlike before. You only sit at home; eat, watch TV and draw your rubbish. You are so jobless" the woman laughed pulling Diddi's long hair before she opens the wardrobe scanning Diddis clothes.

Diddi's phone beeped.

Assalamu alaykum. Are you busy please?

Not at all. In fact I am bored she replied immediately forgetting to answer her friends greeting.

Okay please lets chat via whatsapp because I don't have credit to waste.

Diddi laughed. Inna is never serious only God knows what she wants to tell her. Three days back she called just to tell her she had visitors and the woman has a baby who is very stubborn and broke her glass cup. She felt like choking the baby because the cup was given to her by her grandmother 8years back.

Okay! I am here. I just hope you have something serious to tell me because I have important things to do

Liar! you just said you are more than bored. I don't want to annoy you  anyway and you know that I love you right?

Now this is getting serious. What happened or rather what does her friend have to say because it has to do with her this one that she started by saying I love you which is so unlike Inna.

Babe go straight to the point and don't ask me to come to your house again because I am not coming.

Duh! stay where you are I don't need you in my house. We'll soon resume and be roomies😜 okay lemme go straight to the point. Its about Bappa Ali.

Oh wow! so because she wants to talk about Bappa Ali she has to drag her to whatsapp.

Okay what happened? did his wife give birth or what?

No, not at all. He's just disturbing me about you and truth is I did not tell him anything about you. He said you thought I've told him every single detail about you including the number of clothes you have🙄 which is not true. He wants to know Hamma Haydar's stand in your life and you know its a complicated thing because you yourself don't know the answer to this but I decided to tell you anyway.

Diddi looks angry. What is his issue with her life? she doesn't like people to take her for granted because of her nature. Bappa Ali should better stay in his lane and don't cross the line he's planning to cross and how can Inna say she doesn't know the answer to.....in fact she doesn't have their time.

Hmmm just forget about him. He knows the answer and I don't want to talk about Hamma Haydar this afternoon. I'd rather stay bored! babye regards to ango.

She immediately put her phone on airplane mode because she knows very well that Inna will call her asap.

She hissed very loud making her Goggo give her a hard glare because she hates it when someone hiss.

"What's wrong with you that you are busy forming face and disturbing my eardrums with your annoying hiss or did I beg you to read what you're reading?" the woman thought Diddi is still reading the book because her attention is on sorting some of Diddi's clothes that she wants to give out.

"Sorry Goggo. It is this Inna that wants to annoy me this boring afternoon" she almost hissed again but quickly remembered and picked the book instead. Its better to continue flipping through the pages than think of these two annoying Aliyu's.

Diddi is enjoying her weekend with her fave sis Adda Kulu and her three children. Adda Kulu's husband travelled to Benin so they have the house to themselves

"Yawwa Diddi I've been wanting us to talk about something fa. Since we are not busy now and with the children not at home lets discuss. Woman to woman, sister to sister" her sister said grinning from ear to ear.

Diddi rolled her eyes at how excited her sister is about this talk. "Okay please lets discuss because I want to continue watching my series" she said closing the laptop in front of her.

"My dear, we love you and we are still not happy about what Haydar did to you but please move on. Forget the past and face the future. Don't allow Haydar ruin your life  because he's not worth it. I know he is my brother and truth is I cant hate him no matter how mad I am with him but please I want you to be free with me. Tell me what your fear is, tell me what you want and in shaa Allah all of us will encourage you".

"I spoke with Inna this morning about you and we discussed about some issues. Now I want to hear from you. What is your decision regarding Haydar? I am your sister and you can confide in me" Adda kulu took a deep breathe before saying "what do you want Zainab? is there a chance again regarding your relationship with Haydar?"

Diddi whose eyes turned red and is trying not to cry because she has promised herself not to cry again regarding him. She smiled, a very hurtful one before saying "in shaa Allah before I leave I'll tell you whats in my mind but please for now just allow me to take a very hot ginger tea please" she said batting her eyelashes.

"Okay no problem. Take your time gaji Goggo(Goggo's last born)".

Diddi went to the kitchen, heated her tea and went straight to the room.  As she's sipping her tea she kept thinking of her life. "Alhamdulillah for everything. Alhamdulillah for my life."

My name is Zainab Arabi Modibbo(Diddi) and this is the story of my life.

Finally! finally we are going to follow Diddi as she tells us the story of her life.

It wont be very long because I don't want you all to lose interest in the book. I want 50 chapters if possible in shaa Allah and it might even be less than that.

Before Diddi tells us the story of her life can we have our guesses?

From the last chapter when Bappa Ali asked her about her relationship with Hamma Hydar I've been thinking about it too.

What do you think about their relationship? who really is Hamma Haydar to Zainab Diddi?

Who likes Diddi and Bappa Ali as a couple?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Feel free to ask me anything and please be nice as I wont tolerate rude comments or questions. Thank you❤😍😘💜

                            13th December, 2018.