CHAPTER FIVE

Trying to free my hand from his hold proved to be difficult. I don't like the way he's looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Hamma useni (please) let me go, I can't do this. Just free me. After all, you chose this for yourself, for us. I don't love you anymore or is it by force? For the love of Allah, His Messenger and your parents please let go of my hand. And my life too!" I yelled crying.

He came out from the car still holding my hand which was very warm

"Diddi I will fight for you, I will make everything right. We need each other. We are made for each other" he said. To which I laughed wiping her tears.

"Its too late, I'm sorry. Its over. we are done for good!". With that, I used all the strength I could gather and pulled my hands from his hold, running to the small gate of our apartment. I opened the door with force and went straight to the bed, lying face down while I broke down. I cried my  heart out, all the frustrations, anger, pain and everything I have been holding in for over a year. I freed them from my heart while my poor friend sat watching with tears in her own eyes, looking lost. I know she's wishing there was something  she could do to help me.

Inna's phone rang to which she went out without receiving. She saw different cartons in the house very close to the gate and she knew it was Hamma Haydar because he was the one that called her. She opened the gate and saw no one, meaning he had left.

"God! what kind of life is this? My friend doesn't deserve this" to which she hurriedly said Astaghfirullah and locked the gate leaving the provision there. her friend needs her now more than ever; to hell with the provision, she even felt bad for eating to her satisfaction without waiting for Diddi.
"Ohhh what a bad friend I am".

She went to her crying friend who was now sitting. She removed her hijab because she thought she needed air then hugged her tight, rubbing her back without saying anything. She needed the silence more than words.

After what seemed to be like thirty minutes, Diddi freed herself from the hug saying "sorry I had to make you cry"

"Do you feel better?" her friend asked and she nodded.

They stayed silent for some minutes before Inna suggested they prayed which they did and took their time seeking Allah's guidance. Inna stood up first heading to the kitchen where she came out with a tray containing a take away pack, an empty plate, a wrapped foil paper and a small mug which she kept on the leather carpet. She went back to bring a flask of ginger tea knowing her friend didn't eat anything and with the way she cried, it was going to add up to her headache.

"Come and eat sweetheart, forget about everything and imagine yourself to be in paradise"

Diddi smiled and came forward to eat not because she was hungry but because she needed it.

"You know Inna, I never imagined my life to be like this at such a young age but you know what? I told him we can't be together again and its final. I cant be like a piece of instrument that will be used when in need by people" she said, her voice breaking.

She ate in silence, trying as much as she could to think of what was going to happen and how people will be at her neck for ending this rough relationship (that's if its even a relationship) that did nothing but break her heart and make her relationship with others crack.

She called her elder sister Adda Muna and briefed her on what happened, Muna supported her praying for the best while encouraging her to focus on her studies and leave everything to The Best Planner.

******
The two friends decided to go for a night stroll to ease the tension because Diddi was still not back to her normal self. She was kind of depressed and wanted to go home. She needs her mother, or even her Goggo. She needs someone to hug and make her forget her fears and worries.

After walking for 30 minutes, they decided to go back home following another route. On reaching ABU North gate, they heard a mans voice saying "Assalamu alaykum" which they refused to answer and instead, hastened their steps because the place was dead silent and dark. There was no one around.

The man followed them saying "please my car stopped. I just want to use your phone and call my brother. I am stranded".

Inna held her friend's hand tight and whispered  "He is a kidnapper, let's run".

Diddi's heart started beating fast and  was already imagining herself tied with a rope in a dark bush. The next thing that brought her out of the imagination was the force Inna used in pulling her hands and they crossed the road running without stopping till they reached their small gate panting.

"That was close" Inna said while she tried bringing out the key to the house and saying stuffs like she will never ever go out at night again, she cant risk losing her life or being kidnapped without having any child to pray for her while Diddi was just quiet obviously still shocked. Today is just a 'great day' she thought.

Pheeeew! finally its ready. Thank you xclusive_jazmien I appreciate.

So, what do you think people? do you like it? please your comments are needed😊

Vote, comment and share😘

                                      8th October, 2018