CHAPTER NINE

Let me start by warning you, it's not edited. Manage it please.

Haydar met his parents in the family sitting room watching news. He greets them and decide to sit and watch with them. Its been a while he stayed and discussed with both his parents. He thinks his father is still angry at him due to his previous behavior regarding his marriage.

The man forbade him from ever mentioning anything regarding his(Haydars) relationship with Diddi the very first day he approached him about it saying its left to the two of them to decide and if possible he doesn't even want Diddi to consider him because "a leopard doesn't change its spot" according to his dad.

They watched the news and discussed about the economy of the country. He enjoyed his parents company. It made him forget his problems for the mean time. He told them he'll go back to work the next day.

His mother scolded him for leaving work because of a silly reason. They prayed for his journey back to Abuja that night because he told them he'll travel by car so from the masjid he will head direct to the park.

***************

"Inna that's why I don't like depending on people. If we were to travel alone we would have reached Kaduna by now but all thanks to your love for free ride we are still in Samaru instead of being in the market" she ended smacking her friend.

"Babe calm down. Who doesn't like free ride? even though its my in law that will drive us. Oh my God! Abulle you'll be the one to sit in the front seat since I suppose to be shy of him and be the good in law and sit in the backseat despite my love for the front seat!" she sighed a small frown forming on her face. Diddi gave her the you are crazy look and ignored her because she hates waiting. Left to her they would have been busy in the market by now but its already 9:20 and they are still in their room.

The two friends want to go and select some kitchen utensils from a woman Inna's mother know whose business deals with kitchen stuffs and according to Inna's mother the woman just returned from a particular country with new goods.

They will then head to the market and buy other things the bride wants to buy personally. Diddi hates going to the market but she needs to be there for her friend, its either they do it now or it gets late. Exams is only two weeks away.

When Diddi informed her fiance about going to Kd he told them that his uncle will be going to Kaduna that same Saturday so he'll ask him to drop them because he(the uncle) wont mind and Inna being Inna decided to agree saying she wont go and "sit near annoying people and be perceiving all sorts of annoying perfumes and different body odour". Her friend was not happy about the decision but she kept it to herself because complaining wont change a thing.

They finally left for Kaduna around 10am.

To Diddi's greatest shock the uncle is none other than her lecturers friend and that is when it occurred to her that he was the same man she met the day the grooms family came. Too bad she still doesn't know his name. She felt like kicking him because she still remembers the way he laughed at her that day.

Bappa Ali, that's his name. She heard Inna call his name while asking him something. Inna is a case. Who talks freely to her in law this way before the wedding? she is acting freely and all cool even she Diddi didn't act this way with Haydar's paternal uncles since the news of her becoming their in law became real despite knowing them all her life.

Which brings her to the issue of Haydar. He has been disturbing her with annoying messages since she no longer receives his calls and never reply his messages. Maybe he thinks she reads his messages that's why he keeps on sending and well sadly she reads it always and hiss hundred times before she finish reading the long essays and delete them. Its even today that she felt angry at herself for reading the messages and she decided to never read anyone he sends again from henceforth.

A tap on her shoulder brought her out of the little world in her head. She quickly sat up and turned her head back facing her friend and said "dume fe'i?"(what happened) . "What are you thinking of amarya kuma uwargida a gidan Hamma Haydar?(Inna said winking). We've been talking to you but your mind is somewhere else. Please stop thinking too much".

Diddi internally groaned. Which type of a human being is this girl? she wants to embarrass her in front of this annoying man who she caught looking at her instead of concentrating on the road.

"Nothing, I am just sleepy you know I woke up early. I would have slept if I knew we wont leave in time. What were you saying toh?" she said resting her head on the seat.

She hope he knew she was scolding him indirectly for making her miss her lovely sleep.

"Ohh I wasn't the one actually talking. Its Hamma Ali asking you about the test you missed." Ohhh so he now wants to ask you about the test while he didn't help or say a word the day he was supposed to. This man must be really really shameless. Her inner self was pissed and so is she. She looked at him her two brows almost joining out of anger  "ohhhh so you knew it was me and acted like you don't know me? you didn't even plead on my behalf hmm you are unbelievable wallahi and now you are asking me about whats already in the past as if you care or is it that you didn't
recognise me?".

She knew she was just overreacting deep inside but she needs him to know that she was mad at him, still is after seeing him today and hated the way he acted really but he actually looks like a calm guy truth be told.

Inna who kept quiet seeing wonders because as far as she knows or thought, today is the first day these two are meeting but well it seems like her in law is the man her friend met the day she went to beg her lecturer for a makeup test.

Well, she enjoyed watching this side of her friend because Diddi is a really calm person and quite in front of people she's not close to so to see her lashing out on her in law is really funny.

Ya Salam! its my in law and not any normal person which made her almost stand up from her seat. "Why are you shouting at Bappa Ali? is it not in the past? what got into you today Diddi? please if you don't want to go with me its not by force we can drop you here" she ended teasing her friend because one thing with Inna is she doesn't know how to be mad or angry at her loved ones unlike Diddi who is just unpredictable sometimes. Like today.

Diddi ignored her while the man acted as if he's not in the car. He even decided to change the radio channel from liberty fm to alheri fm saying there's a repeat programme they will start now, he missed the first part yesterday and wants to listen to how the question will be answered.

The car became silent. Only the voices from the radio is heard until Inna decided to type something to her friend and pass her the phone.

Diddi I am tired of this annoying medical programme. I will soon faint.

Diddi laughed out loud to which Bappa Ali turned immediately because he's not aware of what they are doing. He's just driving and listening attentively to the discussion going on.

When he saw her holding her phone, he concluded that she must be chatting or read a funny post that made her laugh. Ladies and chatting🙄 he thought.

Ookay amazing people. Let's stop here  before the next chapter comes up very soon in shaa Allah. Soon can be anything not more than 24 hours in my dictionary. Lol

Who missed me?🙈🙈🙈

I am really very sorry for taking time before updating that's why I will try and update the next chapter tomorrow in shaa Allah.

To all those that kept asking me for updates, thank you. You really motivated me to finish typing this because I just become lazy whenever i want to type the story.

Enjoy reading and don't forget to like, comment and share. Thank you❤😍😘

                       13th November, 2018.