CHAPTER TEN

The ladies found it difficult to chose from what the woman has. Truth is they liked almost everything they saw.

Knowing how her daughter is, Inna's mother already told them the amount she will pay the woman so even if they supersede the amount with one naira, she promised not to pay and they respected their poor selves and decided to stick to the amount.

When they became indecisive at first they thought of sending the pictures to Inna's mother to help them select and to their greatest shock, Diddi forgot to carry her friends phone. She left it in Bappa Ali's car.

She didn't return it after her friend texted her about being bored and she promised herself not to buy data till after her exams because of distraction so they had to select and leave for the market.  Transporting wont be a problem because the woman told them if you buy anything above 300k from her transporting it is free.

Bappa Ali told them to call him when they are done and since they left Inna's phone in his car they had no option but to call Gidado(Inna's fiance) and asked him to send his uncle's number to them.

They took their time in the market since they already know they have a safe free ride back to Zaria no matter the time. They didn't leave until the market men and women started closing their shops.

He came to pick them immediately they called him. Inna apologised to him for wasting his time.

"Bappa Ali can we please branch to Adamawa sunshine? I want them to deliver the things we bought to Yola for me" Inna asked her soon to be uncle. "Wala damuwa amma acchu dum tan(no problem but just leave it) I will be travelling to yola in shaa Allah next tomorrow. I will take it with me since I am going alone without any load" he replied smiling. "Usoko Allah barkidin"(thank you may God bless you) the two ladies said in unison as matter of fact is they don't even have the money to pay the people they will just give them their mothers contact and tell them she will pay when she goes to collect the message.

"What will you like to eat? anything with salt, sugar or pepper? the gentleman asked the two friends who looked too tired to even talk. The ladies kept quite all of them forming too shy to talk despite being hungry. He chuckled and said "better talk ahtoo ba kunya a harkan abinci".

Diddi shifted uncomfortably turning her head to look at him. She found his eyes on her and she smiles saying "your daughter in law will prefer something peppery as always gam o hunduko suno on" she ended laughing because she remembered her friend praying and hoping he will buy them suya on their way back. Her friend is obsessed with suya.

"Please if you say daughter in law I will think am over fifty" he paused to laugh "you know her husband also likes anything meat with pepper. No wonder they ended up together" and all of them laughed. "What of you Zainab? what do you want? you look like all those girls that can die for chocolates and ice cream am I right?" Diddi felt so shy she had to put her head on her lap because he is right she loves anything sugary and after taking it she flush it down with a cup of her all time favorite hot tea. God! how she miss her hot tea.

"Bappa how did you know? this girl and anything sugary in fact its very annoying. She even fights with her nieces and nephews because of chocolates". He laughed; his laughter booming the car. "Amina she looks like someone that likes chocolate, even her voice sounds like one" he said the last part without knowing it came out from his mouth. The two ladies stared at him and he felt it before he laughed it off as a joke, "just joking".

*******

"I am not good in wishing people good luck or exams prayer but I wish you all the best. In shaa Allah everything will be easy for you. All the best once again Zainab. Aliyu Ibrahim."  Diddi finished reading the message sent to her yesterday night. She slept early because she has a morning paper.