Chapter 3

It was now lunch time at school and I was thankful that day was half way over. All I wanted to do was for this day to go by quickly so that I could go home and find out what the big announcement was. Of course whenever I want things to go faster they just seem to keep dragging on for ages. The day couldn’t seem to speed up for me and later I had to go up to Riley and tell her that I wanted to go to the party. I don’t see why I had to go in the first place. My mom was saying that it was to make friends but if someone wanted to be my friend they would have already been my friend; Instead of wait until a party to get to know me.

I grabbed my lunch tray and walked over to the line and as I did I could see Riley looking at me and laughing. I rolled my eyes and moved forward in the line to grab my food. She probably thought that I’d break down and go to her about the party. Even though my mom wanted me to do this I didn’t want to have to go up to Riley and ask her for her address. I would be even more humiliated by doing that and that was the last thing I wanted to do. After I had my food placed onto the tray I walked over to one of the tables and sat down by myself. There were a few people at this school who were like me. Where they sat alone and told themselves they didn’t need anyone. I could tell them that they were right on that one. A lot of people at this school did have friends but after doing a lot of people watching it didn’t seem like half of those people were true friends. The friendships I’ve seen around here seemed unreal if you asked my opinion on the subject. Besides, people only lead to disappoint you in the long run. So why take that chance?

I ate my lunch in silence wondering what I should tell my mom about Riley’s party. I wasn’t going to go so I needed some type of plan on where I was going to go instead for a few hours to kill time. Maybe I should just wait until Elijah’s big announcement. How I wished that I could meet that boy. It was a big dream of mine. I know it’s kind of cliché considering that’s a lot of people’s dream, to meet their favorite artist. But I just wanted it so badly. He’s the one person who seems down to earth to me at least and I was hoping that if I do ever get the chance to meet him that my conclusion would be right. I would be very disappointed if I was wrong and he was just like some people at my school.

When I was finished with my meal that wasn’t exactly what I would call a great meal, the bell rang to go to our next classes. It’s about time really.  We had a test in my next class and I wasn’t worried about it. I had again studied the week before and I was all set to go. Even if I did fail this it wouldn’t matter because all it would do would drop me to have a B in the class. I don’t think that’ll happen though because I’m ready for it and I know I’m going to ace the test just like every other test I took. The best thing about school was that I was good at it and I kept up with good grades easily, which made my parents happy, though they tend to not even show that they are happy for me. They just go on and on about how I don’t have any friends. Well, maybe I like having no friends. I’m sure they never thought of that.

I walked into the classroom and took my normal seat. Once the bell rang Mr. Baxter handed out the history test and I put my name on the top and started off answering the multiple choice questions. The thing with Mr. Baxter was that he made the test so easy. There was always trick he did with multiple choice questions. Two of the answers wouldn’t even be close to the answer while the other two were. One of those answers being right; and the other just being a little tease and trying to throw you off. But I never let that answer fool me when I filled out his tests. I always ace his tests and the essay questions at the end are always simple as well. I’m sure they’re not simple for others but to me they are and I’m always the first one done. It took me twenty minutes to finish the test and I checked over everything before turning it in and going back to my desk.

Great, now I had twenty more minutes to kill. Then I still had two more classes after this. School could not be any more boring! I decided on getting out my notebook and just doodling in it. I had a full notebook of song lyrics by Elijah and I know it may sound stupid but I was in love with this notebook. Whenever I was finished early I normally got it out and would doodle in it. A few pages I felt my doodles were good enough to be colored in and I took it home that day to do just that. Normally I left it in my locker because I didn’t want my parents finding it and telling me that I should stop obsessing over this boy who I didn’t even know.