Chapter 8

After coming home last night after my day out with Elijah I swear my mom literally squeezed me to death with her hugs. She couldn't believe that I had finally gone out with a boy for like the first time in my life on my own. It was kind of ridiculous considering nothing really big happened. All we did was talk and get to know each other some more. She acted as if we had been married on the first day. I was getting a little weirded out by her excitement for me. Once I had been free of her grasp I may have went into my room, closed the door, and did a little happy dance of my own. I tried to finish up some homework last night as well but I may have ended up writing Elijah's name on it a few times instead.

I just still couldn't believe this was even happening to me. I never get lucky with boys. Especially boys who are famous, he's the first boy to ever see past my looks and be into my personality. Hunter was even a little happy for me that I was actually excited for something for once. I smiled to myself as I began to remove my clothing. I turned on the hot water and waited for it to get warm; once the shower was ready I stepped in and started to clean myself off.

When I finished up my shower, I got out and finished getting myself ready. This was the first time I was ever going to skip school for a boy. Don't really know what got into me lately. Lying to my parents about going to a party and going to a concert instead and now I'm skipping school to hang out with a boy. Could they really blame me though? It's not like Elijah was going to be in town much longer and I wanted to spend time with him since he wanted to do the same thing with me. My stomach had butterflies in it just thinking about today. Though, I wasn't as nervous about hanging out with Elijah as much I was yesterday. He gave me a little bit of a confidence boost since he actually listened to what I had to say, unlike the other boys at my school.

Once I was finally all ready to go, I grabbed my book bag from my desk as well as my car keys and hurried down the stairs. When I hit the floor at the bottom step I could instantly smell bacon. That's weird; my mom was usually off to work by now. Not like it really mattered that she was here considering I take myself to school every day. I walked into the kitchen and saw the table full with pancakes, bacon, eggs, and biscuits. I raised an eyebrow at her when she turned around to place plates on the table.

"What is with all of this, food mom?" I asked.

"Well, I thought it would be nice for my family to have a decent meal before they left for school and work. What's so wrong with that?" She asked while placing her hands on her hips and giving me this look that she liked to give when she was a little frustrated.

"Nothing, I was just curious. You're not normally home at this time, so can't your daughter be surprised, her mom is cooking for us this early?" I asked while setting my book bag on the ground before walking over to the table and taking a seat.

"Hmm, I guess you're quite all right to be suspicious about it, I don't have to be at work today until noon so I wanted you and Hunter to have a good breakfast before you left for school." Mother told me.

I bit down on my lip and sighed quietly to myself. I wasn't going to be able to do what I had planned on doing. I was just going to wait for her to leave like normal and take Hunter to school and then I was going to head off to the coffee shop. Now, I had this feeling that she was going to make me take Hunter to school which meant I'd be late meeting Elijah. Plus I'd have to wait until after I dropped him off to be able to call the school and tell them that I'm sick. Or in their case my "daughter" is sick.

"Listen Sophia, I'm going to need you to take Hunter to school for me. I have some other things to do this morning and I just don't want to be in a rush." Mother explained.