Chapter 10

It's been two weeks since Elijah left. It's finally close to being our last class of the day. The end of the school day didn't really matter to me anymore. It wasn't like I had been focusing on any school work today. All I could think about was Elijah. He was all that filled my brain lately. Summer was slowly approaching and that meant that finals were coming. Finals were something I normally didn't even need to worry about, until now. My grades have been slipping a little. My parents have noticed a change in me. It's like ever since Elijah left, I've even noticed that I'm not the same girl I was when school first started.

I still get ignored by the popular girls and the jocks. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad they haven't taken much interest in me lately. I've had it up to heels with their tormenting. Though being ignored by the popular kids at school wasn't the only thing going on with me. Every time I've sat down to start studying lately, I tend to doze off. When I'm snapped out of my trance, that's when I realize that I've been writing Elijah's name on my notebooks again. I'd have to tear out another piece of ruined paper and toss it away.

I've been trying to get myself to focus, but I just can't seem to shake Elijah out of my thoughts for a few hours to buckle down. Do you ever just wish you could erase a person from your thoughts for a while? That's exactly how I was feeling right now with Eli. If I could just erase him from my thoughts long enough to get studying and school out of the way, then I could get him back on my mind again.

Finally, the school bell rings. Another day of school had come and gone and now we could all go home. When I wasn't studying or at school, I had actually been texting Eli. He's been playing more shows. He says that the crowds have been getting even bigger than before. I can't help, but wonder if he's met other girls that are just as big of fans of him like I am. It's not like we're dating, but I'm still curious. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be jealous if he found another girl that wasn't me at those shows. The whole thing about this is that I didn't have a right to be jealous. We're just friends. We're also two completely different people. Sure, we hit it off when he was here; but he's a musician. He's got so many girls that would love to date him. I would love the opportunity as well. I still barely know him and that's a big role in as a part of the problem.

I walked through the halls and made my way to my car. I didn't want to spend more time than I had too at this school. Once I finally made it home, I dropped my book bag on the floor in my room and then grabbed my laptop. Hearing his voice again was something that I needed right about now. I pulled up the very first video that I ever watched of Elijah and then, I pressed play. The beautiful sound of the guitar was the first thing that you heard. Then, came his angelic voice right after. I only made it halfway through his video before I ended up closing out of the video. This was only going to make me miss him more.

While I was sitting there feeling sorry for myself about the fact that Elijah was off onto his next city, I came up with a plan. Spring break was coming up and I could probably convince my parents that I needed to go spend some time with my grandpa from my dad's side of the family. He spends most of his time alone. So, my parents would probably appreciate the fact that I want to spend time with him. Except, I'd be going to the next state where Elijah will be playing his next show.

I had to plan this decision out well. If I didn't, my world would come crashing down. Seeing as I'd probably be grounded for the rest of eternity if my parents found out what I was doing. Surprising Elijah was also the idea. I wasn't going to call and tell him about it. If I told him about my plan, he may end up trying to stop me. I didn't need that happening. Monday, was the first day that we had spring break and we were going to be off for a week and a half. So, I had that long to hang out with Elijah.