Chapter 6

* Three weeks later*

The sound of his housemate's singing woke Kyle up with a groan.  Adrian was a terrible singer, though he seemed unaware of that fact.

Rolling out of bed he ran his finger through his dishaveled hair. It was saturday and he had no plans, he picked up his phone and began typing

" hey..."
He heard his phone ping with the announcement of a new message.

"heya :)"

"are you free today?"

It's amazing what time can do. Three months ago Kyle could not imagine himself making plans to meet someone, anyone. But alot had changed  he was in a better place mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Once He let God start to work on him, his hope came back. He was not completely back to himself , but he was taking things one step at a time. And this was one of those steps, who knew God would use this amazing girl to help him come to terms with his sense of loss and help him get back from it.

*ping!*
The sound made Kyle jump, he had been so lost in thought, he forgot he had been texting.

"why yes, yes I am. What did you have in mind?"

"meet me by the park in 10 minutes"

He smiled and headed to the shower, today was going to be a great day.

*Valeria's POV*

She looked up from her phone and smiled, then glanced at the clock. She did not have much time to get ready, she would be meeting him in a few minutes and she was still in a towel.

She probably broke several olympic records as she dashed around her room getting dressed, putting on makeup and straightening her hair. With one last glance in the mirror, she left her apartment. This was going to be a great day.

He smiled as Valeria walked towards him, she returned his smile giving him a quick hug as she got near.

"what took you so long" he said jokingly

Valeria just laughed and took the arm he offered her as they walked across the street to a coffee shop.

*Kyle's POV*

She looked so beautiful with the sun shining on her face and a smile that could warm the coldest day. Well at least that's what it felt like to him. He couldn't help but smile as she approached him.

"hi!" she said kissing his cheek
Kyle grinned, he loved spending time Mia. And from the smile on her face, she felt the same way. They walked through the park in comfortable silence.

"so, what's the plan for today?" Mia asked breaking the silence.

"how do you feel about having a a spontaneous fun day?"

Mia laughed out loud. "let's do it!"

The walked to the end of the park and crossed the street, and walked passed a coffee shop where Valeria and Isaac where engrossed in a pleasant conversation.