21 |

minho

my heart was hurting and i knew that she just couldn't be trusted, but why were my heart and soul yearning to go back and hug her to comfort her? it was never my fault that i had to make that plan. i was a child, i didn't know much about life. i knew who eunji was, heck i even liked her for a period of time, but i was forced to devise that plan by my abusive father. if it weren't for him, eunji would have never hated me.

it was like choosing between angel and devil. should i go with hana's words and believe her, following my instinct, or should i follow my heart and comfort eunji. it pained me to see her crying like that, all because i was at fault. it was settled then, i would go back into the gym and comfort her.

i pushed open the door, walking into the dark room. i didn't hear anything. no heavy breaths, no one crying, i didn't hear anything but my steps.

i flicked on the switch and the lights turned on, allowing me to look at everything in the gym. it was empty, and i looked around, until my eyes fixated on a lifeless body lying on the ground. "eunji!" i shouted.

i checked for her pulse. nothing. "no, this can't be happening right now!" i shouted, frustrated with myself.

it was all my fault. if i hadn't helped my father, she wouldn't have gotten into an accident. her life wouldn't have been ruined, and she would have been able to live with her mother, living a happy life. if i didn't get angry with her for such a small thing and thought about what i had did, i hadn't realized that what i did was much worse. forget about the heart hurting more than broken bones, my heart was hurting just looking at her.

it was no wonder she was angry. i didn't think about her feelings. i only thought about mine. so what she broke my heart, i broke her chances of living a good childhood.

there was only one thing i could think of to make some things right.

i dialed a number on my phone.

the ambulance arrived and i heaved a sigh of relief. now i just need them to save her.

it was hurting to see her pale face as she laid on the hospital bed. i was sitting outside the room, waiting for the doctor's word.

the doctor walked out of the room. i had a desperate look plastered onto my face as i asked him whether she would be fine. "she's going to be fine, she just could not breathe due to her crying and lost consciousness. she will wake up in a few hours. may i ask how you are related to her?"

"i'm her classmate, minho," i answered.

"okay, minho. i think you should probably get going? it's getting late and i'm sure you have school tomorrow, don't you?" he asked.

"no, it's okay. i'll stay," i replied.

"oh okay then, you may go into the room and visit the patient," he said, walking away.

i wasn't going to let anything happen to her. i had already done enough damage. i pulled out my phone and dialed a number.

"hello?"

"yes, may i speak to hana? i'm her classmate from school."

"sure, i'll get her on the line."

"thank you."

"hello? who is this?"

"it's minho."

"oh, hey minho."

"don't 'hey minho' me. get to the hospital near your house now."

"wait what? why? are you injured?"

"i wish it were like that."

"then why do i have to go to the hospital?"

"because someone we know is hospitalized."

"so, that doesn't mean i have to visit that someone."

"it's eunji. it's partly your fault that she got hospitalized."

"how is this my fault?"

"you lied to me, didn't you?"

"no? why? do you suspect me or something?"

"yes, yes i do. eunji said something about me believing you too easily, so i'm going to question you. now get over here. her room is on level three, room 341."

"fine."

~•~