23 |

eunji

i rubbed my eyes as i got up from the bed. there was something tugging my arm, preventing me from being able to stretch. "what's all of this?" i questioned out loud, looking at the equipment that surrounded me.

i looked around and recognized where i was. "i'm in a hospital," i thought aloud.

i looked around my surroundings and noticed a person sitting on a chair next to my bed, head rested on my bed as he slept in peace. anger whelmed me yet again when i realized who it was. i pushed him off of the bed and he rubbed his eyes and stretched, getting up.

"why are you here?" i questioned.

"i called the ambulance. you should thank me," he scoffed.

"all this, wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you. you put me into this trouble, you just want to ruin my life huh? now i'm not glad i chose to live, i would've preferred to live in peace," i sighed.

"look, about that car accident thing, i'll explain," he looked down to the floor.

"oh no need, i'm not waiting for an explanation, it's not like i wanted you to explain that day when i poured my feelings out to you but you didn't seem to care at all, no it's definitely not like that. i don't want an explanation, i mean, you're obviously the one that put me into a car crash, why would i want an explanation?" i scoffed, sarcasm in my tone.

"fine, i get it," he said. "i only came up with the idea because my father was abusive, and if i didn't come up with a good idea, he would've hit me, and then come up with some plan to kill you, so really, i just did you a favor. congratulations, you're still alive!" he was being sarcastic too, and to that i just rolled my eyes and shook his hand which he had stuck out after completing his sentence.

"and why did you come up with a car crash, out of all the other plans you could come up with, you came up with a car crash. damn, you must actually hate me."

"hey, i'm serious. i didn't want you to die. you were my first damn crush, why would i want you to die?"

"great, so what i was your first crush? you still put me into an accident."

"i know and i'm really sorry, the only reason you thought i didn't feel guilty was because i tried to act like i wasn't guilty, but every time i saw you, my heart would beat extremely fast, because i never knew when you were going to find out," he looked at the ground.

"plus, i really liked you, and i didn't want you to hate me, like you did that day. i'm sorry, and i really mean it."

"it's fine," i patted him on the back. "i'll forgive you, thanks for calling the ambulance. wait, i passed out after you left. did you walk back to the gym because you cared about me?" i teased him, intertwining my hand with his bigger hand.

he let go of my hand. "what? no~ i didn't."

i pulled his hand back. "lies."

"by the way, did hana actually come up with that idea?" he asked, looking at me.

"yeah, you broke up with her and i said i would get you back for her, then she came up with that stupid idea and i was forced to date you even though i hated you," i explained.

"why did you hate me?" he asked.

i blinked my eyes and thought about it. how do i tell the truth and not come off as being rude? never mind that's not happening.

"well, that's because you were a player, an annoying person who was strangely popular, full of yourself, do you want me to go on?"

"no, it's fine."

"hana came, didn't she?" i looked up at him and asked.

"yeah, how'd you know? she left at two in the morning," he answered.

i hit his head. "she left her favorite keychain there, you idiot."

"it's nice to have you back, and this time i don't feel guilty at all."

"who said you had me back? and excuse me? you made me unconscious. how could you say that you don't feel guilty just because i forgave you?"

"i'm so done with you," he let go of my hand.

i pulled his hand back once more and intertwined my hand with his. "fine, you win. my hand's cold and yours is warm, let me hold it and use it as my source of warmth, geez."

he smiled and so did i.

"hey at least i'm not pretending to date you anymore," i smiled.

"really?" he sat up straight and looked at me.

"yeah, now i'm going back to sleep," i lied back down on the comfortable bed and hugged my pillow with my right hand, my left hand still intertwined with minho's.

i smiled as i drifted off to dreamland, but my dreams were soon interrupted by tickles.

"lee minho, let me sleep," i shouted, letting go of his hand and using the blanket to cover myself.

before i drifted off to dreamland yet again, i held his hand. "i love you."

"love you too."

~end~