18 |

jihyun

"how long more do i need to keep this up? i'm getting tired of minho, he's been annoying me all day for the past few weeks," i heard eunji say as i entered the girls' bathroom.

"forever! i ship you two!" said hana.

"ew, no. maybe in hell, i'll think about dating that person," replied eunji.

"ughh why can't you just like him?" hana groaned.

"oh, well let me school you a bit. you see- how do i put this? well, love cannot be forced. haven't you heard of that term?" she questioned with much sarcasm.

"ughh. fine. but i'll still ship the two of you! did he ask you to be his girlfriend already?" she asked.

"yes."

"well, then follow the plan you wanted to follow! say yes! and then break his heart, sadly."

"ughh fine."

i gasped inaudibly, in utter shock. i knew eunji was like this, but i didn't know she would stoop that low as to break his heart. i have to tell minho. no, i can't. i'll let him find out on his own, it's better that way, rather than having a stranger tell him that.

i walked out of the bathroom, still in shock. i'll go to class. it'll take my mind off of the things that just happened. i thought.

~•~

"hey, eunji! yes or no?" i heard minho say from inside the empty classroom after everyone had left for lunch.

upon hearing his voice, i immediately hid behind the door.

"yeah, sure."

"really?"

"yeah, i'll be your girlfriend, i guess."

"okay, let's go for lunch."

oh shit, they're gonna see me! i thought.

think fast! i thought yet again.

i quickly walked away from the classroom, and then walked towards it when i saw minho and eunji walking out of it. act natural. i thought. "oh hey guys. what are you doing in the classroom during lunch?"

"not sure, we just came out of the classroom, actually. what are you going to the classroom for?" eunji asked.

"i left my wallet in class. can't go to lunch without my wallet. i'm really forgetful haha," i lied, nervous.

i saw eunji raise her brow, scrutinizing the look on my face. "are you okay? you seem a little nervous and anxious," she asked, raising her brow yet again.

"nah, i'm fine. you two go for lunch, i'll get my wallet now."

"okay?"

"yeah, see y'all later!"

as the two of them walked away, i walked into the classroom, feeling relieved.

"thank god they're gone," i heaved a sigh of relief.

"who? minho and eunji? you know about the plan, don't you?" hana asked from out of nowhere.

"i swear i won't tell on you," i said abruptly and left the classroom, leaving hana behind.

"i'm sorry, minho. you're gonna have to suffer," i thought aloud.

~•~