Back in Black, Bitches

I can't remember how to breathe. Holy crap. Am I really doing this? I'm dead. I'm so dead. And I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to Fred. I hear footsteps. Holy fuck. I think I might cry. 

The door swung open, and I came face to face with my father. 

"Jessica," he whispered, shock and distaste evident on his face. "What a surprise."

I bowed my head, finding myself falling easily into character. "Father."

His hand hovered over his wand. "Why are you here? Have you come bearing a message from the Order?"

"No, father," I answered. 

"Then why have you disgraced me with your presence?" my father spat at me. "I find no joy in torturing my own daughter, but if it must come to that I will do it."

I fell to my knees, my head still bowed. "Forgive me, father. Forgive me for my betrayal. I was wrong to believe in Harry Potter."

"Look at me," my father commanded, and I obliged. "Are you saying you wish to return?"

"Yes," I said. "I thought what the Order is doing was good, but frankly they have no chance against the Dark Lord. I know a lost hope when I see it. I've come to join the winning side. I'm even willing to tell you all I know about the Order."

The last part was a lie. Well, all of it was a lie, but the last part was especially a lie. Lupin and I had planned what I was going to say. We hoped that the fact that I was brave enough to return was enough to convince them not to test my loyalty with a truthfulness potion or something.

My father stared at my face, trying to decided what to do with me. I tried to see a little bit into the future, but it was too clouded. That made me nervous. 

"Come," he said. "I'll present you to the Dark Lord. He will decide your fate."

Awe, fuck. 

"Thank you, father," I said. 

"Stand, you foolish girl," he told me. I stood. "Follow me."

The entrance hall of Malfoy Manor was exactly as I remembered it, right down to the creepy paintings of my creepy ancestors. God, I hate those paintings. 

 Some other werid-ass Death Eater approached us, and eyed me with curiosity. He and my father spoke in hushed tones, but I knew they were talking about me. 

"You will stay in your old room until you get an audience with the Dark Lord, is that clear?" my father asked me. 

"Yes, father," I replied. 

"I trust you don't need to be shown where it is," my father snapped. 

"No, sir," I said, walking in the direction of the staircase. 

I hated it already. 

When I reached my old bedroom, I hesistated before going in. The last time I was in this room I nearly starved to death, and I didn't exactly leave it in a good condition. I broke the window, there was blood and glass everywhere, and I basically emptied my closet on my floor. It was easy to see why my father sent me to this room. He knew I had bad memories here. This was my first test of loyalty, 

Going against my better judgement, I opened the door. 

It was exactly as I remembered it, except that it had been cleaned up. The window had been replaced. The glass and everything was gone, but everything else remained the same. All the furniture was in the same places as it had been for the majority of my childhood. Everything was just as I remembered, but it was much more plain. The bed had been remade with gray sheets, and all my posters and everything had been torn down. Everything was covered in a thick layer of dust, and it had a stale smell to it, like the room hadn't been used in a while.