Don't Touch My Draco

I'm super excited about this chapter because we revisit something that hasn't been seen very often in Jinx lately, plus some good ol' Frinx. When it was a reoccurring theme I got really positive feedback from it (I love me some feedback), but for the plot angle I was going for, it had to cease for a little while. But now it's back! Enjoy!

"I can't believe he's doing this again," I complained to Hermione. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon. We were sitting outside in the shade of a tree by the lake, working on homework. And by working on homework I mean talking. But, hey. It's the thought that counts. I say, "Didn't he get enough of accusing my brother of being evil in second year?"

"Your brother isn't exactly an angel, Jinx," Hermione reminded me. "Besides, you haven't talked to him in ages. Why are you defending him? I wouldn't even call you two siblings anymore."

I opened my mouth, and closed it again. I could feel that hole in my chest throb. (Not literally, of course.) It hurt like hell to know that Draco was barely even my brother anymore, little less twin. We used to be so close as children. He used to be my best friend. It sucks ass to know that that connection is no longer there, and I'm not sure it could ever be restored.

"You're probably getting upset about it because you don't like what your family does," Hermione continued. "Even though you've been basically self-dependant since you were eleven, you still miss and care about your family. You don't want them to be the people that they are. You want them to love and care about others, including muggle-borns and you. But the fact that they are who they are is what pushed you to be you in the first place. You want a family, but you can't stand yours, and everyone else's family just feels fake, no matter how accepted they make you feel. You always feel like you're an outsider, no matter where you are."

I stared at Hermione for a few seconds, then blinked.

"It's obvious, Jinx," Hermione sighed. "I can see it on your face, as plain as day."

"I really need to wear more makeup," I mused.

"Jinx, go talk to Draco."

"What?"

"You heard me. Go talk to him."

"Why?"

"Because it's the chance that he is actually a death eater is bothering you, Jinx. Go talk to him and get the truth."

"Seriously? I don't even know where he is," I scoffed. "Besides, I thought you hated him with a burning passion."

"I do," Hermione admitted, "but I care more about you than my hatred for him."

"Naw, 'Mione!" I said. "I like you too."

"Just go already," Hermione said, rolling her eyes.

I got up and headed into the castle to find him. I honestly had no idea where he might be. So, I started at the bottom and slowly worked my way up to the top.

After searching the dungeon and the first three floor, I was starting to get discouraged and curious. He has no reason to even come to the higher floors on weekends. So why is he up there?

With my newfound curiosity, I carried on. Four and five also were Draco-less. I thought I saw him on the sixth floor for a little bit, but it turns out that it was just a runaway ferret.

Exhausted and a but discouraged, I dragged myself up the staircase to the seventh floor. If he isn't up here I'm going to Avada Kedavra somebody. I started my search and was just about to turn down the corridor where the Room of Requirement resides, when I ran into him. Literally.

"Draco! Fuck, finally," I muttered. "I've been looking for you for ages."

He looks at me like he can't really figure out why I'm alive. "Jinx? Why were you looking for me?"